1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website review...Thank You

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Pat Kelley, Feb 13, 2019.

I am a 70 year old San Francisco native, and have spent 4 months putting this hybrid website together. There is nothing else like it.
    It is the best and completely FREE San Francisco Tour Guide for any smartphone.
    Any comments appreciated. Best reviewed on a smartphone.
    sfsidekick.com Thank You in advance...

Pat Kelley, Feb 13, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  2. Pat Kelley

Pat Kelley Peon

Best Answers:
    The word "free" is not supposed to be a hyperlink. Accident...sorry

3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Not sure about the slider. It looks like you have the same pictures for all categories. Is this by design? You will probably eventually need a unique slider for each category.

qwikad.com, Feb 13, 2019 IP
  4. Pat Kelley

Pat Kelley Peon

Best Answers:
    Same pictures? Not sure what you mean. There is a different picture for each area.
    'Click' on the pictures for content.

5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    So basically you have one pic for each category in the slider and users can use the slider to navigate just like they would with the categories... I see. To me it is counter-intuitive, but I guess it works in your case. Usually a slider is for displaying more images for one/the same category. As an example, let's say, I go to https://sfsidekick.com/#/fishermans-wharf/ I expect to see more images about Fisherman's Wharf because there's a slider, I don't expect the slider to take me to the The Golden Bridge category if I click "the next" button.

qwikad.com, Feb 13, 2019 IP
  6. Pat Kelley

Pat Kelley Peon

Best Answers:
    So, the site is set up as an easy itinerary to navigate the city as explained on the 'Start' screen. Clicking on 'Fisherman's Wharf' tells people what to do, see, where to eat etc. From there the slider takes them to the next closest place to visit etc. with hyperlinks to restaurants, bars, attractions. I am telling people where to go and what to see the easiest and cheapest way possible because they constantly get lost and confused here. The pictures let them know where they are going, not to display more pictures...
    Thank You for suggestions and comments. I appreciate you taking the time to look!

qwikad.com likes this.
  7. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have a smartphone, so can't review your site.

Nonetheless, I am TOTALLY confused. San Franciso county is one of the smallest, if not the smallest, counties in America. The City of San Francisco encompasses the whole county. SF is literally so small that one could WALK from the Western edge (Pacific Ocean) to the Eastern edge (whatever Bay that is) or from the Southern border to the Golden Gate Bridge.

Further, most of the city is laid out in a grid system with North/South and East/West streets.

So, HOW does one get lost in an area that TINY?

mmerlinn, Feb 23, 2019 IP