1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO and Wix sites

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MichaelAaronTaylor, Feb 13, 2019.

Hey, guys, I have seen a few Wix sites that rank high on lower comp keyword searches on Google and not sure I fully understand it due to the clients who owned these sites have had NO SEO experience.

Anyone else seeing this?

Also, has anyone worked on Wix sites that has seen top three Google ranking results for mid to high comp yet?

MichaelAaronTaylor, Feb 13, 2019 IP
  2. Miriam Guimel

Miriam Guimel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All I know is that Wix improved a lot and you can rank higher with almost the same tools you'll use on Wordpress websites.

Miriam Guimel, Mar 19, 2019 IP
  3. Salman Saleem

Salman Saleem Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wix DA is good and if a site with a subdomain of Wix want to rank on low comp keywords then its easy for that site

Salman Saleem, Mar 20, 2019 IP
    beninbro likes this.
  4. beninbro

beninbro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great question, Michael! I've noticed Wix and Weebly sites performing particularly well -VS- other website builders when it comes to rankings. My take is WordPress is far superior—but not out of the box. To experience the full functionality of WP, you've gotta add plugins.

For example, with a self-hosted WP site you'll need to externally configure SSL, which does impact rankings. Wix includes this with all plans.

Perhaps a better example is page load speed. When it comes to search results, Google gives a higher priority to sites that load quickly than those that take a long time to load.

My observation has been that out of the box Wix sites load quicker than most WP sites—that haven't been optimized (with tools such as WP Super Cache or WP Rocket).

Long story short, beginners can often rank higher quicker on Wix, simply because so many tools are already baked into the platform. Whereas some of the other builders, like WordPress require plugins and other custom configurations.

This is why I've primarily used Weebly/Wix for local lead gen sites. Whereas, for authority sites, I'm a WordPress kinda guy.

beninbro, Mar 23, 2019 IP
  5. CheapHost

CheapHost Peon

Best Answers:
    I havent really notices this to be honest....do you mean on the Wix and WordPress subdomains?

CheapHost, Mar 26, 2019 IP
  6. ShaunSizemore

ShaunSizemore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wix sites is totaly fine, I have same question about all SEO issues after I opend my new site, on my little search I prefer to use Wordpress site..
    Also good, google rank up, keyword can always be your chooses and with tools of marketing is better such as Push plugin, for example by networks or Native ads,
    All of that I learn from other wordpress sites who use also Wix !

ShaunSizemore, Mar 26, 2019 IP
  7. MichaelAaronTaylor

MichaelAaronTaylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. :) I agree some tools that are on WordPress are moving over. Definitely WordPress could be best in my option but not out of the box if you will. I have found several clients who have Wix sites on own domain ranking within top five for pretty decent local search terms in my area. I had to dig into it. Doing that still as we speak haha.

Thanks for the reply. :) Yes the builder has I am talking about the rankings I believe as well mostly from fast loading times really improve SEO scores along with decent mobile response layouts as well. I agree some tools that are on WordPress are moving over too. Definitely WordPress could be best in my option for authority sites but not out of the box if you will. I have found several clients who have Wix sites on own domain ranking within top five for pretty high local search terms in my areas. I had to dig into it. Doing that still as we speak. How long you been doing SEO?

Thanks for the reply. :) I have found several clients who have Wix sites on own domain ranking within top five for pretty high local search terms in my areas. So not sure about wix sub-domains to be honest.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am ten years into wordpress myself. Not sure I understand off or your reply. Did you have some typos or English issue maybe? :(

Thanks for the reply. I have found several clients who have Wix sites on own domain ranking within top five for pretty high local search terms in my areas. So not sure about wix sub-domains to be honest.

MichaelAaronTaylor, Apr 5, 2019 IP
  8. beninbro

beninbro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right on, no prob @MichaelAaronTaylor. Me? Officially since 2010. But I dabbled for a few years prior to '10. Anywho thanks for the awesome discussion. Will be in touch.

beninbro, Apr 5, 2019 IP