1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats the difference between normal SEO and local SEO – do I need local SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nflmao, Feb 10, 2019.

Hey there,

So I wanted to improve the web exposure/presence of my business and realized that SEO plays an integral part in that. I saw that there’s a “local SEO group” that does audits and give advice. I was just curious about other likeminded individuals here what are their thoughts on having local SEO. How does it differ from normal SEO and is it actually more useful? Whats the local aspect?

Cheers

nflmao, Feb 10, 2019 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Local SEO is optimizing your website for a local audience. For example, optimizing a .co.uk website to rank on Google UK.

dcristo, Feb 10, 2019 IP
  3. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you do SEO for a specific country or region then its known as Local SEO.

mrb1129, Feb 10, 2019 IP
  4. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a bricks and mortar shop or office which deals with actual people, then make sure you have a Google My Business page. It is free and if you take the time to set it up properly you will be rewarded with enhanced listings and appearance in local maps like this:
    upload_2019-2-11_8-51-3.png

Also if anyone actually searched your business name, you get a nice fat llisting like this:
    upload_2019-2-11_8-52-8.png

Take advantage of all the marketing opportunities presented on GMB including regular posting, announce sales and discounts, list phone numbers, opening hours and post images of your business.

e10, Feb 11, 2019 IP
    beninbro likes this.
  5. nflmao

nflmao Peon

Best Answers:
    So I wanted to improve the web exposure/presence of my business and realized that SEO plays an integral part in that. I saw that there’s a “local SEO group” that does audits and give advice. I was just curious about other likeminded individuals here what are their thoughts on having local SEO. How does it differ from normal SEO and is it actually more useful? Whats the local aspect?

Cheers

use search

nflmao, Feb 11, 2019 IP
  6. Shivani Shrivastav

Shivani Shrivastav Active Member

Best Answers:
    In normal SEO you optimize your website for Global Audiences by targeting generic keywords while in Local SEO you have to optimize your website for Local audiences by targeting location-based keywords.

So its depend on what is your business target area, accordingly, you can opt for either Normal SEO or Local SEO Services!

Hope this will help.

Shivani Shrivastav, Feb 12, 2019 IP
  7. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In local SEO, you need to focus on local keywords which the audience uses to find a specific product in a specific area or region. You should focus on local SEO since it's working for many businesses.

MilesWeb, Feb 28, 2019 IP
  8. Miriam Guimel

Miriam Guimel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Traffic from local search engines can be generated using local seo techniques. Local seo helps to promote your business in your area local and build its popularity within the country. Submitting your website to Google maps, classified ads and local business listing websites are some of the techniques used to build your local search engine rankings.

Miriam Guimel, Mar 19, 2019 IP
  9. Salman Saleem

Salman Saleem Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Normal SEO refers to organic SEO which focuses more or less on the website. The website could be an ecommerce business that uses a geographical location or just relies on its own. Various websites and people use SEO such as bloggers, affiliate marketers, internet marketers and ecommerce businesses to improve their search engine rating or just for increasing the website traffic.

Whereas, the local SEO focuses on the geographical location which a normal SEO or organic SEO does not usually focus on. Local SEO uses techniques to build signals of relevance for a specific geographical location. Therefore, the entire SEO strategy is structured on the basis of the location such as content which is created or even the services which are offered.

Salman Saleem, Mar 20, 2019 IP
  10. Manish.ebiztrait

Manish.ebiztrait Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Target Audience is the only difference between normal SEO and local SEO. In local SEO, all strategies are created and implemented based on your local and region-specific audience; but in normal SEO it is not.

Manish.ebiztrait, May 7, 2019 IP