1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

overflow: scroll; other options for a scroll bar?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by xbat, Jan 30, 2019.

I have overflow: scroll; the only issue I am now getting is when I hover over a image and it expands in the css it only displays in the css box when I am using overflow:scroll; .. If I do not use overflow:scroll; then it displays out of the parent box. I have spent hours searching. But can not seem to find a solution. The pain is I still need the scroll but can't seem to find another solution. Anyone have any thoughts?

xbat, Jan 30, 2019 IP
  2. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe if you showed us your markup and css we wouldn't have to guess what you have that might be causing your issue. Best way to help us help you, is to make a minimal test case. Next is link to your site so we can see it there.

gary

kk5st, Jan 30, 2019 IP
  3. alfieindesigns

alfieindesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello @xbat ,
    If you want to know all the options freely check it here with examples and maybe you'll have idea what's wrong with your markup.
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/overflow

Else please provide your sample code so we can give you exact solution...

alfieindesigns, Feb 18, 2019 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Any thoughts? Yes.

If you want us to help you, you MUST help us. Trying to diagnose a patient without seeing the patient is impossible, like trying to get your doctor to diagnose your ills over the phone.

mmerlinn, Feb 18, 2019 IP
    kk5st likes this.
  5. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As a general rule, a better value for the overflow property is to use {overflow:auto;}. It also creates a new block formatting context as does any value other than the default 'visible;'. Try that to see if it works as desired.

gary

kk5st, Feb 18, 2019 IP