1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Once Upon A Time...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Netcitynet, Jan 20, 2019.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kevin, I'm originally from Los Angeles, Lived in Dallas for over 16 years and now I live in New Mexico. I'm new to the forum but not new to IM. I was heavily involved in Internet Marketing for over 15 years, created some products, worked with some pretty big names and made enough to support myself and my son for several years.

But then something happened to me about 5 years ago and I just felt the need to spend more time actually helping people in my local community. I left the computer screen, went outside and started feeding homeless people, that led to helping to build a church, then building a homeless shelter, then being in charge of a facility that works with victims of domestic violence.

After 5 years of working in my community, I decided that 5 years was enough and I needed to spend more time back at home, so I recently got back online to see what's been going on in the Internet Marketing World. The first thing I realized is that I have been a member on one forum for over ten years and I really have to get out and meet some new people.

I found this site on a blog listed as one the best IM forums to join, so here I am.
    That's my story. I know most people join these forums to sell something but I'm really more interested in building new relationships. learning what's new and helping out in anyway I can. And also because I think Internet Marketers are some of the most creative and fascinating people in the world to meet!

Thanks for letting me share...The End

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    Netcitynet, Jan 20, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  2. ankush mittal

ankush mittal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    welcome bro

and let me start thanking you for doing these awesome jobs.

and will be very proud to learn from your 15 year of priceless experience.

me too new in this forum but not new in IM from about 1 year.

and yeah you are 1000% right about building a relationship its not just selling.

thanks.

ankush mittal, Jan 20, 2019 IP
    Netcitynet likes this.
  3. Netcitynet

Netcitynet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the warm welcome bro!

4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Dang, first time I have ever seen anyone on the internet from Dallas, Oregon. I guess the Oregon rain finally got to you after 16 years since you are originally from the Los Angeles desert and now in the New Mexico desert.

mmerlinn, Jan 20, 2019 IP
  5. Netcitynet

Netcitynet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    LOL... no not really, I actually had no say so in the matter seeing as how I was still in junior high when my mom decided to move us from Los Angeles. I like it better out here in the midwest anyway. Don't mind visiting back home in the city, but don't think I could ever live back there again.

6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You are good natured and affable, even when provoked. You'll do well here I suspect. Welcome to DP and keep smiling.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 20, 2019 IP
    Netcitynet likes this.
  7. Netcitynet

Netcitynet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the kind words and the warm welcome! :)

8. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome back well now i think its way more competitive but if you deliver value and build an audience you will have succes .important its to get people to trust you

Spartan14, Jan 21, 2019 IP
    Netcitynet likes this.
  9. Netcitynet

Netcitynet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree, value and trust are 2 of the most important keys! Thanks for the kind words!

Netcitynet, Jan 21, 2019 IP
    Spartan14 likes this.
  10. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My father retired from the Los Alamos labs. Beautiful area that.

I expect you'll find that marketing online has changed some in the last 5 years. It's true that there's more competition now, although that can be good as it provides more challenge. And the basics remain the same.

They say if you build a list of subscribers the money will come. That was true at one time but today I believe it's an incomplete statement. There is money in a list IF the list contains buying, loyal followers. And you don't really need a huge list if it's the right type. Fill your list with people who don't bother to open your mailings and it only costs you.

What niche are you in Netcitynet?

JoeSpirit, Jan 21, 2019 IP
    Netcitynet likes this.
  11. Netcitynet

Netcitynet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, Los Alamos is indeed a beautiful area. Heard the same thing from my old connections about THE LIST and I couldn't agree with you more. I do promo videos and article writing.

Netcitynet, Jan 21, 2019 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.