1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking first page on Bing but not Google

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Imtrying, Jan 16, 2019.

Basically after years of trying I finally have a website that ranks third spot for the main keyword. (On the wrong search engine)

According to seo tools there is 550,000 searches for this keyword in google, I am seeing traffic from bing, yahoo but not google. The site is in fact 3 place for main keyword in bing, but I need help troubleshooting why it won’t rank in google.

I’ve added my site to Google search console and I get this error, “Submitted URL marked ‘noindex’”

I am using this plugin for sitemap:https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/

I’ve tried searching for answers and I can’t find any solutions, anyone have any info or experience on this? I don’t want to change anything that will affect bing and yahoo rank.

Imtrying, Jan 16, 2019 IP
  2. Nick G.

Nick G. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there. First of all, A page that is set to ‘noindex’ (vs. the default ‘index’) requests to Google that the page not be indexed nor displayed in search engine results. Google may still crawl this page and follow the outbound links, and it may also display an abbreviated listing in the SERPS.This isn’t necessarily an error, although if a site is not being indexed properly, this is a great place to start. Read the article more here (Google search "Submitted URL marked 'noindex' in Google Search Console by Tribal Core). This should work. If it doesn’t let me know. Secondly, ranking in Google does require a comprehensive SEO campaign. Your campaign should include getting authority dofollow backlinks from authority sites, established Edu blogs, multiple wiki pages, get social bookmarks from best sites (like digest, twitter, Pinterest, Reddit etc). You can look up agencies providing these services. But if you want, my SEO agency could handle all this for you affordable. Thirdly, I have lately experimented with a unique google ranking technique that worked almost immediately (about 3-4 weeks). This technique is called Keyword Golden Ratio (KGR) by Doug Cunnington. Basically it’s designed for niche sites since it’s premise is to steer away from big competition keywords and rank in small competition keywords with sizable monthly keyword search volume (monthly demand for the specific keywords). So basically the formula is, to figure out whether a keyword falls under this technique, divide the number of times that keyword has been written about by the volume of monthly searches for that keyword. NB: monthly search volume must be lower or equal to 250. The key is to rank easier and faster in Google then as you get traffic, you progressively target more competition keywords. Check the calculation on his YouTube video (Search 'Doug Cunnington KGR)
    NB: I'm in no way affiliated with the sites I've recommended. They probably don't even know me.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    Nick G., Jan 20, 2019 IP
    ATMD likes this.
  3. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well how many traffic you got from bing ? I think if you rank its a goos think .continue to work hard and tou will rank also in google

Spartan14, Jan 21, 2019 IP
  4. ATMD

ATMD Member

Best Answers:
    Grow Page Rank? PR is not what it was several years ago, so I wouldn't worry about it. It is best to just keep creating interesting, original, SEO-optimized content.
    If you need web traffic quickly and are willing to spend money, it would be best to invest in Pay Per Clicks (Google Ads), it is the fastest way to get traffic.

ATMD, Jan 26, 2019 IP
  5. chinemeremz

chinemeremz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ranking high on Bing for the right keywords and searcher intent is not a bad thing I guess. And Google's algorithm and those of Bing and of course Yahoo, are a bit distinct. But again, since you got it right with Bing, I guess you should spend more time churning out great and relevant content, that's all that matters.From my experience, I believe inculcating media contents like videos, slides and pictograms, can help you rank even higher. You can reedit those pages and do that. Does your page have the right sitemap? make sure of that, and if you do, are you sure google's bots are crawling and indexing them right? . Good luck!

chinemeremz, Feb 8, 2019 IP
  6. Imtrying

Imtrying Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have all the seo in place as much as I can think. I rank 3rd place in bing, first place is a website that’s been alive for 15 years, second place is a popular social network, and I’m third, this is the same for google, except my site is now moved up in top 100 at 60. Not sure why it’s not same as bing or even close.

This keyword gets 550,000 searches a month on Google in the USA alone, even though I’m getting lots of traffic from bing, duck duck go, yahoo, I’m getting nothing from google. It sucks.

Imtrying, Feb 9, 2019 IP
  7. Imtrying

Imtrying Active Member

Best Answers:
    I paid 900 for the exact match domain and launched a year ago. It’s a good feeling to rank well, but the wrong search engines.

Imtrying, Feb 9, 2019 IP
  8. tyjones

tyjones Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not an expert with SEO, but I recently registered my local business with google's My Business app and I would say, I get the opposite result. From my observation, GSE prioritizes details that are registered within its system, even with only 2 of the 3 keywords, it will provide the best result from what it can gather in favor of those who availed its services.

On the other hand, I needed to write the exact name of my business for it to show up on Bing, and it had to come from a third-party website. But I must say, that website has top notch SEO, it got my business place 1st on search result for exact keywords. While 7th on google.

tyjones, Feb 18, 2019 IP
  9. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a classic example, why so many new website owners fail. The reason it's taken you years and yet to be successful on Google, is because of your keyword targeting. Many newcomers think targeting the highest search volume keywords is best. This is a fatal mistake and has made more people quit internet marketing than anything else.

Ask yourself why you think you can basically overnight (12 month old site) come and compete for these kinds of keywords. As you stated one site is 15 years old! It takes time to build trust, authority, branding, backlinks and site age to compete in the highest search volume keywords. That 15 year old site didn't start off on page one either in their first few years. It takes more than just great content and on-page seo for these keywords. Thousands of sites competing have great content and on-page seo, you need it all to compete in those kinds of keywords.

If you want to make real money online like the Pro's, start off small with a new site and as your site metrics increase-increase your keyword competitiveness. Target the low hanging fruit first to build a foundation, traffic, revenue. Over time it will snowball into an Authoritative site that can compete for any keyword in your niche that you desire.

kjh-08, Feb 21, 2019 IP