1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2k negative balance on Paypal because I was scammed. Third world country.

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by SpongeMark123, Jan 16, 2019.

Hey there,
    I was scammed on Paypal upon a transaction for a digital item. Now I am in 2k negative balance. I am in country Georgia, it is a third world country. Will they be able to come after me? They have my kinda real info. They have my first and last name and probably an ID number, I don't remember if I indicated that.
    Any replies would be highly appreciated!

SpongeMark123, Jan 16, 2019 IP
  2. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    open a dispute and provide as many as you can details and proofs youv been scammed! .....

wanessmark, Jan 16, 2019 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    All businesses risk fraud or theft. Build this into your business plan and financials.
    Do not expect another business to pay for your business loss - if you do then you are no better than the person who scammed you.

sarahk, Jan 16, 2019 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If Paypal let you sign up in Georgia, then that means that they have the ability to go after you for the money there. You had to give them your bank account information, I presume so they know who you really are. How hard they go after you for $2,000 is an interesting question, but they may take some steps. You should definitely file a claim with them with evidence of how you were scammed, etc., and that may help.

But @sarahk is right: you have to expect to occasionally be scammed and be sure to include that in your financial planning. Of course, you should also take all steps to educate yourself about scamming in your business so that you can avoid scammers as much as possible.

jrbiz, Jan 17, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.