1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hostinger.co.uk canceled my hosting.

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Mirko Stefanovski, Jan 9, 2019.

Hello everyone, I have an unusual kind of problem. I had hosting services at hostinger.co.uk for about 4 years. The first payment was from mine PayPal, the second payment was from my friend's PayPal and I forgot to turn off auto-renew payment. The expiration day of the hosting was 29.12.2018. I knew that because I'm using my hosting very frequently so I renewed my hosting on 11.12.2018 with another credit card. Hostinger.co.uk withdraw again money for auto-renew from my friend and he sends an email to ask them for the money back since the hosting is paid. They give back his money, they terminate my account without notice and they send me an email to tell me that my account is terminated. I logged in on my account, 13 websites are deleted along with the databases. I contact them and they told me that I can't have my files back, I can't get my hosting back and 6 hours ago they made me a full refund on my credit card... I send them passport I send them Transaction ID I send them a photo of my credit card and still, their answer is "no we can't get your files back".

What can I do?
    Honestly?
    I want to make them pay really bad...
    I have 13 clients on my back with my reputation ruined.... Untitled12333.jpg Untitled12333.jpg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Mirko Stefanovski, Jan 9, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Use your backup?

sarahk, Jan 9, 2019 IP
  3. Mirko Stefanovski

Mirko Stefanovski Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have the latest backup. I have new files, some of the websites are classified ads and I have clients on daily basis. They didn't give me the backup. I have their option for daily backups, but they won't give me the files...

4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1) You hold out your shingle to service customers and YOU DO NOT PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR CUSTOMERS by keeping CURRENT backups? How in the world is that Hostgator's fault? Are you saying that you expected Hostgator to be your MOTHER and hold your hand?

2) You say that your clients did not give you their backups? Ask them again.

3) ANYONE that uses CUSTOMER information MUST keep OFF site backups of ALL files. Anyone that does not should NOT have access to customer files.

4) You were negligent in keeping your payment issues current and now you expect Hostgator to come to your rescue? And you expect Hostgator to recover files that according to their TOS (which YOU agreed to) would AUTOMATICALLY be deleted IN TOTO should your site be taken down? Get real. Grow up. Hostgator is NOT your mother.

mmerlinn, Jan 9, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. Mirko Stefanovski

Mirko Stefanovski Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that you understand what I'm asking. Nevertheless, hostinger doesn't give me my backups (not my clients) from their server because it's service that I paid for (daily backup). And I don't know how can someone take payment from two people at the same time for the same server space. I understand what you're trying to say, but if it were you at their place, would you send an email or notice about this type of thing? Telling someone that you're going to delete their files?
    I know what my fault is. And i think that hostinger should know what their fault is. And it's not HOSTGATOR! ;)

6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    When accounts are cancelled the files are usually deleted straight away. It's your responsibility to ensure the account stays live. By using a friend to pay for the hosting you introduced a significant risk and that risk didn't pay off.

sarahk, Jan 9, 2019 IP
  7. service.komputer

service.komputer Active Member

Best Answers:
    feel sorry for you but please anyone dont use hostinger, i recommed using already known hosting with reputation like godaddy or namecheap if looking for cheaper hosting.

service.komputer, Jan 9, 2019 IP