1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Office 365 along with hosted email

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by pratik, Jan 6, 2019.

Hello
    I have bought a hosting plan at HostGator and it comes with a dedicated IP.
    I am currently using the email which comes with the hosting.

After using it for a month I realized that emails do not work in certain countries. I mean if I am travelling to US my emails won't work. After doing some research I found that Office 365 would suit my need well.
    But since Office 365 is subscription based. I would like only new people on my domain to use Office 365 and others to use email hosted at HostGator.

Can this be possible? Would I need to make a server setup for this? Mine is a startup and I really don't have resources to setup a server or hire an IT guy.

Thanks in Advance for your feedbacks / solutions.

pratik, Jan 6, 2019 IP
  2. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you use office 365 then you cannot use hostgator mail server as you will be changing your MX record.
    I would suggest you either use a a subdomain or different addon domain for using hostgators mail service.

webhost.uk.net, Jan 7, 2019 IP
  3. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply.
    I don't want to have sub domains or different domains for the same Company employees. I'll still search for some hybrid solution. If you come across anything please do share.

pratik, Jan 9, 2019 IP