1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

http://www.smscodes.io

Discussion in 'Websites' started by SMScodes, Jan 4, 2019.

Please test and review our site , if needed we can give your more test credits.

SMScodes, Jan 4, 2019 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Goofy delayed pageload is more annoyance than help and speaks to broken site building methodology. There is no website scripting off, which is an accessibility violation. The lazy-load on scroll makes the site look broken/incomplete until the load finishes when you don't actually have enough CONTENT to warrant such goofy tricks. The layout also overuses white-space only further making the lack of actual content apparent. Likewise the low contrast mated to thin-glyph fonts up top (the blue on blue area) makes the text so difficult to see it might as well not be there.

Under the hood it's the typical train wreck laundry list of how NOT to build a website I expect when people use bootcrap. You might want to go find a stick to scrape that off with before tracking it all over the Internet's carpets.

It has no logical document structure, or alternative navigation. It lacks semantic markup, has endless pointless DIV and classes for nothing, gibberish use of numbered headings, and worse endless pointless goofy scripttardery for nothing.

Hence its homepage wasting 17k of HTML, 249k of CSS in six files, and 459k of "JS for nothing" in 14 files on delivering 3.45k of plaintext and zero content images -- the job of around 8k of HTML... and what I'm seeing of the site has no real reason to be using more than 32k of CSS in one file, and I'm not seeing anything USEFUL being done to even warrant the presence of JavaScript.

That last part being why it's an epic /FAIL/ at development that I'd suggest pitching in the trash and starting over. There is very little I'd try to salvage from that mess from a code perspective.

deathshadow, Jan 4, 2019 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I see that after @deathshadow reviewed your site that you deleted the link so the rest of us cannot see your conflagration.

mmerlinn, Jan 4, 2019 IP
  4. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    HE didn't have a link in the first place, it's in the thread title... or at least that's where I got it from.

5. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    Duh. I guess I should not ignore titles. I find on DP that MOST titles tend NOT to be relevant to the threads.

That said, his site sucks. Four colored dots in a square in the center of a white page does NOT a decent site make!!!

mmerlinn, Jan 4, 2019 IP
  6. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Yup, it's another of the "no JavaScript no website" /FAIL/ parties.

7. SMScodes

SMScodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The site is in its early stages , but thank you for the honest feed back.

SMScodes, Jan 5, 2019 IP
  8. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    Well, it has been over a month now, and nothing has changed. Still have 4 colored dots (yellow, red, black, & green) in a square formation. How long will this 'early stage' last?

mmerlinn, Feb 9, 2019 IP