1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google search will not find my brand name, sort of

Discussion in 'SEO' started by John Ferry, Dec 29, 2018.

Hi Everyone! First post.
    I have my short name createnowsleeplater (no spaces) on most of my sites *Web (Tumblr, Instagram, FB page and Youtube).

If you search the short name, all my pages are come up. If you search using spaces, create now sleep later, only Youtube comes up. Something has changed I guess because it used to work fine, especially on such a unique name. In fact, now search results actually come up with similar FB pages instead of my own.

Is there something I am doing wrong or need to change? Bing seems to find me fine. I read the rules so I am not posting links but basically, if my Tumblr is createnowsleeplater, even if the page name is Create Now Sleep Later, is doesn't seem to get there. Any ideas?

John Ferry, Dec 29, 2018 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Googlebot reads the name without spaces as your url (just without the .com). However, it doesn't seem to associate the word sequence "create now sleep later" as legit keywords related to your domain name.

It looks like you're using a frame to display the videos (or maybe even the entire site). This is your page source:

<html><HEAD>
    </HEAD><FRAMESET border='0' ROWS='*,1'> <FRAME SRC='https://createnowsleeplater.tumblr.com/'><FRAME SRC='blank.html'> </FRAMESET> </html>
    Code (markup):
    There's not much to work with for Googlebot. It's not going to read your tumbler page (or it will read it as a separate site altogether).

Add something like this:

<meta name="keywords" content="create now sleep later, createnowsleeplater">
    Code (markup):
    between <head></head>

Just an idea.

qwikad.com, Dec 29, 2018 IP
  3. John Ferry

John Ferry Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the idea, I am using some theme which has an add custom css field so I threw it there. I never meant to stay with Tumblr and used to be with WP. I imagine this is easier there.

What is weird is I just searched again and this time, my FB page was there:
    Create Now Sleep Later - Home | Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com › Pages › Public Figure › Artist
    Create Now Sleep Later. 84 likes. The Art and Writing of John H. Ferry III.
    You've visited this page 3 times. Last visit: 12/29/18

If I search again, it does not show up in results or on any of the other PCs. You can't have spaces on Instagram but Twitter allows it. I know If you search a celeb you will get all their social media stuff with spaces. Just not experienced enough to know why mine stopped indexing that way.

4. John Ferry

John Ferry Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, how did you run that crawler, search console wants me to verify the site which I can't because I cannot add txt records to Tumblr. iPage is running a promo, maybe I should just go back to WP.