1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How / where do you find writers for your content?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by DigitalMarketingManiac, Nov 22, 2018.

Hello,

I would like to learn how you find writers for the creation of your website content (if you don’t write everything yourself)?

Do you use the usual freelance writer marketplaces and what are your experiences with them?

On such platforms, while submitting a bid, one can choose which price per word is set - with an accordingly adjusted level of delivered text quality. But is it even worth one’s while to offer the lowest choosable word price, or is that pointless, because the texts produced are of (too) low quality, in that case?

Or which other ways to you use to find your freelance writers?

I am thankful for any tips and recommendations of also lesser-known ways and platforms where I could find (good) freelance writers!

DigitalMarketingManiac, Nov 22, 2018 IP
  2. PinterestUsers?

PinterestUsers? Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Usually you can get good content from Textbrokers. But it's only good content not great. I use to run 3 different blogs so I needed others to write content because I couldn't keep up with them. But since have sold all 3. I started copywriting. How much are you willing to pay for your content?

PinterestUsers?, Nov 22, 2018 IP
  3. DigitalMarketingManiac

DigitalMarketingManiac Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi .. and thank you for your reply. You are the first I hear from, that textbrokers can indeed produce decent text quality - that is encouraging to learn.

I am willing to pay (not that much) more than average industry rates, given that the content is good and the writer knows the subject.

DigitalMarketingManiac, Nov 22, 2018 IP
  4. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I like mingling with the writers on Digital Point. It's hard working hiring and keeping track of those writing for you because first you meet on here, then the website goes down...... :D ... you migrate over to email, then there are the accounts they make on your website ... and it can be an overwhelming task to work with a long list of authors. I blame most of it on my lack of experience handling suck a big job.
    Also, there is a website that I sometimes look for work on, and it has a lot of writers, it is called UPWORK. But if you only want to see jobs for USA, you have to show your driver's license to prove you are an American. That's redick! - and voters think THEY have it bad. sheesh.

Karen May Jones, Nov 22, 2018 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I try my best to write my own stuff but often get too busy. I use two writers at times like this. Both of them contacted me here at DP. To tell you the truth I had to go through six or seven writers to find these two gems. The other ones gave me headaches with having to edit, correct spelling mistakes, bad grammar, and not being able to get a hold of them to do all of that.
    Also having two writers in the same time zone or near to it is helpful. I will never again work with a writer who is eight to twelve hours ahead, and fast asleep when try to I contact them.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 22, 2018 IP
  6. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What are the average industry rates for the content you are looking for?

I've found dozens of good ones here on DP from all over the world, but their availability is one of my major roadblocks.
    I edit almost everything. I have an unhealthy compulsion sometimes. It's not so much a perfectionist thing, but I like to delete extra wording, simplify things, etc. I think my partners understand that I go through their publications and tweek them a little bit. -
    I love the different time zones and countries. I feel like I'm travelling and get to talk to the authors about some of their traditions, if we get on friendly enough terms. I work with a lot of people who are in the next state or as far away as half the earth. One thing that I worry about is making sure the payments are prompt, but like you said, if we are fast asleep, we might miss a payment request and then get cussed out :oops:

What this all boils down to is I probably waste a lot of time, but in the same instance, I feel like I am enjoying myself. I hope to keep the writers happy and I love to encourage them into things they are not familiar with. Again, there I go wasting some time.
    My final thoughts, you are very good at what you do and you have been through the task - you might even write up a piece on hiring and directing a group of writers to help some of us who are still scattered.

Karen May Jones, Nov 26, 2018 IP
  7. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Writers are everywhere - from Facebook to DigitalPoint. Once I got a writing assignment on twitter even the profile is personal and not the professional one.
    I don't hire writers but I can give you the other view.
    As a writer, I like using freelance sites. Although they deduct some of our fee, but the platforms are easy to browse, no need to search for jobs and you can also look at client's history which is extremely important.
    Tip: Try to hire a writer with good & REAL feedback or if you want to support a newbie, explain him what you trying to achieve from the content.

c4cyber, Nov 28, 2018 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Well Afra, if this is a sample of your writing then you won't be writing for me anytime soon. In any event if I need an article written I can always depend on our mutual friend @pagecoder, right?;)

Spoiltdiva, Nov 28, 2018 IP
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

malky66, Nov 28, 2018 IP
  10. Tracy Brooks

Tracy Brooks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there!

I can help you.

I've been a freelance writer (e.g., articles, ads, brochure copy, newsletters and web copy, corporate stuff) for 3+ years.
    Send a reply to: and I will provide you with relevant samples, as well as my per word writer rates.

Regards,

Tracy

Tracy Brooks, Nov 30, 2018 IP
  11. Tracy Brooks

Tracy Brooks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    40+ post on Textbroker. What do you need written?

Tracy Brooks, Dec 12, 2018 IP
  12. Robert0606

Robert0606 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello! I am also a content writer and I must admit that I tried finding work on websites like Upwork. Unfortunately, after applying to several jobs and not getting any answer back I decided to start my own projects and work for myself instead. However, I would like to do some freelancing again because it is always fun to change topics and learn new things. If you'd like a sample of my work don't hesitate to e-mail me at

Robert0606, Dec 13, 2018 IP
  13. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    upward is where I have gotten most of my work done from.

CenTex Hosting, Dec 13, 2018 IP
  14. Tracy Brooks

Tracy Brooks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Upward?

Do mean Upwork!

Geez, you're representing yourself as a writer for crying out loud. You can at least spell the company name right. Right?

Tracy Brooks, Dec 13, 2018 IP
  15. Robert0606

Robert0606 Peon

Best Answers:
    Those 1$/article pay rates start to make sense now. :D

Robert0606, Dec 14, 2018 IP
  16. Tracy Brooks

Tracy Brooks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Comments that do nothing to further the conversation (i.e., human race) come across as just juvenile; tsk, tsk.

Tracy Brooks, Dec 14, 2018 IP
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    ^^^Here is a classic case of the frying pan calling the kettle grimy butt. You joined up only two weeks ago and you are doing this? Have a care newbie or else your stay here will be short.;)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Spoiltdiva, Dec 14, 2018 IP
  18. Tracy Brooks

Tracy Brooks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You're right. I wasn't raised to be "that guy." Having been sufficiently chastened, I offer my heartfelt apology to all. Going forward, l hope we could put this small matter behind us. Two weeks ago l joined D.P. to use my native writing skills to help companies get their messaging across, succinctly. I would like to continue this endeavor. Can we still be friends?

19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Humility goes a long way as one can catch more bees with honey than with vinegar. Therefore I am pleased to give you your first like.

Spoiltdiva, Dec 14, 2018 IP
  20. Tracy Brooks

Tracy Brooks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wow, thank you much!
    In the spirit of appeasement, I would like to offer to write you an article or blog post at no charge. Let's say, 300-words on a topic of your choosing.

If it meets with your standards, you would have an additional backup person to tap when needed. Or talk me up to your circle of influence. If you're set in this area, keep my name as things may change later.
    Best,
    Tra