1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is an optimal number of internal links in footer?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sigen, Dec 6, 2018.

Hi guys! I'm wondering what is the optimal number of links in footer to maintain equable link equity distribution? The thing is that I have a site that has around 50 links in footer, all of them are relevant, but I'm thinking it's simply too many.

sigen, Dec 6, 2018 IP
  2. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ofcourse its too many. May be they are in the footer but still they are draining the link juice.

mrb1129, Dec 6, 2018 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If the footer links are just a bunch of keywords to pages within your website, the search engines are likely to consider that "footer spam." Not good. If they are reasonable navigation links, no problem. But 50 links? Why? My website's main navigation menu, which I choose to put at the top of all pages, has only six links — to the major pages of the website.

Jim4767, Dec 7, 2018 IP
    Abraham Cherian likes this.
  4. Abraham Cherian

Abraham Cherian Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting topic. It's your website and the links on the footer depends on your website and service needs. Obviously if you are keyword stuffing then it's not productive or relevant to the search engines. But I feel, we put so much emphasis on a certain number of links with google rankings in mind. That's crazy. It's your business and you can decide on what needs to go in the footer. Just my thought.

Abraham Cherian, Dec 7, 2018 IP
  5. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I believe you should not place too many links in your footer. This may negatively impact your page ranking. Just link few links that you think are relevant and people would like to visit.

AlphaNine_Vini, Dec 7, 2018 IP
  6. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    50 links are loss and loss. First of all they will most certainly considered as link spam. Secondly, even if it have a super cool navigation but still for that amount of links it will be a maze. Third, they will be draining all the link juice as I said earlier. They are relevant or not, it doesn't matter here.

mrb1129, Dec 7, 2018 IP
  7. Nirav021

Nirav021 Member

Best Answers:
    You have to read this blog https://moz.com/blog/links-headers-footers-navigation-impact-seo

Nirav021, Dec 8, 2018 IP