1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone At PHPLD

Discussion in 'Directories' started by LakeCountry, Mar 12, 2017.

Does anyone here know anything about the PHPLD forum. It looks like there's nobody there. and I need some things fixed on my PHPLD directories.

LakeCountry, Mar 12, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's not hard to work on - fairly well set up.

I bought some licenses a few years ago but was disheartened by
    1. the demise of directories generally
    2. the developer saying he wanted to sell licenses while he could because his focus was moving to something else
    3. users saying that v5 sucked compared to v4
    if their forum is dead it might be that those three factors have had an impact.

sarahk, Mar 12, 2017 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  3. robroscob1

robroscob1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have a phpld v5 website and my 'contact' page stopped working. Tried to contact the forum for a bit of help, but none, it's gone.
    I think it is about time i started looking for another cms possibly wordpress and just forget about phpld.
    The guy that owns phpld should just sell the site and script to someone else that hasn't lost enthusiasm for it.

robroscob1, Apr 2, 2017 IP
  4. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    actually, PHPld forum is no more. BTW what kind problem you en countered? its look like you in rush .

suwandichen13, Apr 2, 2017 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It shouldn't be hard to fix, the code is all open.

sarahk, Apr 2, 2017 IP
  6. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Not too sure why the member forum wen't, Strange, If you do a google search, I'm sure your find alternatives.

Best Regards
    J

phplduser, Apr 20, 2017 IP
  7. bruleo

bruleo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, the forum has gone, but official and proper support for the phpld script ceased a long time ago. The owner there had been threatening to get rid of the forum ages ago, while also stating to me once in a PM there that people that just purchased one script were not worth the time and effort. I also get a ton of complaints in my own forum from users who have purchased the script saying that their support requests for errors were continually going unanswered.

I have been running a third party support and development service for the phpLD script for years, based at my own forum and as far as I know, the ONLY third-party mod developer still operating. You can also find free information for common and depreciated code errors, related to phpLD, in my forum which is not going anywhere. Not sure if I can post my forum link, so just search Google/Bing for my username instead!

Bruce

bruleo, Apr 27, 2017 IP
  8. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is true that we closed the forum at phpLD. We actually still sell phpLD licenses occasionally, but quite different from when we were selling 10+ per day a few years ago. With minimal revenue now we just offer paid support now HERE. And actually we consistently have about 10-15 hours of paid work to do each and every week in our jobs area. We still have many loyal customers who value our programming and support for their business ventures, not only phpLD related work. But 12 years since we launched phpLD, it is obvious that human edited directories are not nearly as popular as they once were in the past. We don't have extra revenue for free support and the like. Sorry, I wish it were different. That being said, all of our programmers are still with us, but working on another software product now, and life is good. Thanks for your concern, and again sorry we are not keeping the forum open any longer.

dvduval, May 22, 2017 IP
  9. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Did you know phplinkdirectory site is showing mostly blank pages including the home page?

phplduser, May 22, 2017 IP
  10. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I know we are upgrading some scripts. Should be back up soon.

dvduval, May 22, 2017 IP
  11. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    David - thanks for continuing to support the product. I have two phpLD's that are ticking over just nicely.

Agent000, May 22, 2017 IP
  12. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Yes, while we are smaller, we still have new people buying our product and setting up directories every week. There has been an uptick from China recently. And that is good because I have been learning Chinese for two years. I am going to translate this now without using a dictionary. HAHA
    谢谢。对啦,当我们是更少的时候,每周我们已经有客人卖我们的东西,他们会开始新的网站。最近从中国有更多客人。他挺好的事情,因为我已经学习总问两个年。现在我把这个信息变成中文翻译,并且我不会使用一本词典。哈哈

dvduval, May 24, 2017 IP
  13. EvoWRZ®

EvoWRZ® Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Aha. i still use it, its good.
    Only strange thing is when i first upgraded to v4.2.2 the paid article was working, now its not (only free) even i set prices in admin area.

EvoWRZ®, May 25, 2017 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @dvduval I've still got a couple of directories running but they're mostly decoy sites. I got a request to add a submission at one and, since they're not competition, I was happy to. However I get this error:

upload_2017-7-5_15-36-35.png

Any ideas?

sarahk, Jul 4, 2017 IP
  15. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I’m sure that our programmer could give the quick answer, but I can’t do it from here. You’re welcome to post in our jobs or if you wish.
    Https://www.phplinkdirectory.com/jobs/

dvduval, Jan 6, 2018 IP
  16. EvoWRZ®

EvoWRZ® Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I still have you license , its very good software script

EvoWRZ®, Jan 13, 2018 IP
    dvduval likes this.
  17. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Using Google I've noticed overtime within search results now seeing more and more 'Google Business Places' and or 'Google Ads (Adwords)' where natural results seem to be getting pushed further down depending on search terms. Wouldn't it be ironic if one day google started to charge a fee to submit a site via webmaster tools?

Best Regards

phplduser, Dec 4, 2018 IP
  18. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of this has to do with the size of the web keeps increasing. As a result there's going to be more and more pushed down. A negative result is definitely that the very large companies are able to dominate even further. but as things get larger and the web expands all over the world, there is also an ever-evolving creation of new niches that we can get into and make money from. So I will am not discouraged even though we definitely don't sell nearly as many phpld as we did before.

dvduval, May 10, 2019 IP
  19. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

How’s your dance studio software going?

Best regards
    Jay

phplduser, May 11, 2019 IP
  20. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it's going really well. We have added a couple of Partners who are helping us to expand into other areas beyond the traditional ballet tap and Jazz Studio. Thanks for asking and I hope you are doing well too

dvduval, May 11, 2019 IP
    phplduser likes this.