1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Tiara Brown, Aug 2, 2017.

I recently started a blog. Very recently as in my first post was this past Sunday. I was wondering if I could get feedback on why my traffic went up for one day then dropped dramatically. Can someone read my posts and give reviews. Any long time bloggers out there that can show a newcomer the ropes?
    http://allthingstiara.com

Tiara Brown, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  2. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps one of your posts was linked from a higher-traffic blog, and for one day, those site readers clicked over to read whatever was linked to on your blog. If this was the case, the traffic came, read, saw, and then those traffic numbers fizzled out again.

Website traffic is like a river. When it rains, that river rises as new water runs off into the current. Then, as the rainwater dries up, the river goes back down to it's normal depth. Just because a website gains traffic, doesn't mean that traffic will stay indefinitely. It will dry up, just like the runoff into that river.

The trick is to keep finding new traffic that has an interest in continually visiting your site.
    -

thebrandman, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  3. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wit websites its very complicated ,you can have a flood of visitators and sometimes you only have few .Google its very uncontrolabe

Spartan14, Aug 2, 2017 IP
  4. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with @thebrandman. The traffic to your website will not stay indefinitely. There could be many reasons to why you saw a rise in the website traffic. Someone might have linked to your site on their blog or social media. Maybe you temporarily got a higher page rank on Google search results. Regardless of how you got the sudden spike in traffic, you should find out what to do to gain more traffic. You should have this in mind when you write your posts. It should be mentioned that Internet doesn't work the way that the traffic will come by itself. You need to promote your site. There are plenty of ways to promote your site. For example sharing a link to your site to friends, relatives and colleagues on social media.

MrKing01, Aug 3, 2017 IP
  5. andreealifestyle99

andreealifestyle99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you working on the following keywords? mango body butter recipes and sue bee honey coupons ? These are the only two keywords that appear in Ahrefs for now. You also have 2 referring domains.

You should make your metas shorter, create a sitemap.

Create an Google Analytics account, put no follow on all outbound links and work on your keyword density. Good luck!

andreealifestyle99, Aug 10, 2017 IP
  6. brajeshyadav

brajeshyadav Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you need continue traffic for your website then you should publish quality content continuously than only your traffic will be stable. It happens once you update fresh content on website then all crawler/User read your content and get visits fort he same. So if content will be posted on daily basis then same activity will happen regularly.

Hope this will work for you.

brajeshyadav, Aug 25, 2017 IP
  7. Anubhav-soin

Anubhav-soin Member

Best Answers:
    When you said, you created post last sunday may be 1-2 days back, then suddenly you got traffic and traffic is lost.
    Reason for that could be :
    1. You shared it on your twitter, fb or any other social media platform
    2. Or when you made that post, that was the hot topic then and now its not.

(above) These are likely the reason, you lost your traffic. Since any social media platform links gets dry over sometime and so is with hot-topic, after sometime, they are just general topic not hot anymore.

In order to get high traffic consistently, you need to some small seo at first below are few points to consider
    1) Build links , slowly (link building strategy)
    2) Do some guest blogs
    3) try to rank your keywords, the one that you think will always be searched.
    4) Do some reasearch on the content you are planning to write.

Rest will come through, these things will take time but if done right will give you consistent income and you will also enjoy your blog writing.

Happy Blogging and trafficing !!!

Anubhav-soin, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  8. zainsultan

zainsultan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Must do quality work and share your website on social media sites.You will get good traffic.

zainsultan, Nov 2, 2018 IP
  9. sigen

sigen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Screenshot_5.png
    That's what I've got checking your site with SEO crawler (netpeak spider in my case). Make sure you create a unique meta description for each page, and fill ALT attributes. Also, think about speeding your blog up.

sigen, Nov 9, 2018 IP
  10. zainsultan

Best Answers:
    Meta Data is very significant in SEO. You must need to update all page's meta data with unique details.

zainsultan, Nov 12, 2018 IP
  11. sigen

sigen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's exactly what I've said, no need to repeat my words

sigen, Nov 15, 2018 IP
  12. zainsultan

Best Answers:
    I was just appreciating you.

Web Design & Development Company

zainsultan, Nov 16, 2018 IP