1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Does PayPal Take So Long Putting Money Into Bank Accounts?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Dean_Saliba, Apr 21, 2008.

1. colblake

colblake Peon

Best Answers:
    The point is as I understand it UK direct debits are reversible (by your bank) within a limited time period (a few days??). So Paypal wait till that time period is over to credit your Paypal account, so they are sure there's no reversal. You may remember the Nigerian scam where bank accounts were credited via a phony cheque and then when the bank discovered it was phony they debited it out again after the hapless account holder had transfered the funds to the scammer. Basically it's the old bounced cheque principle.

colblake, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  2. seoexpress3

seoexpress3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi Mr. Deluxdon-----I'm a professional freelance writer---I use to sell my articles through mail or freelancer websites---& some of my clients use to pay me through paypal.

In the Last august one of my clients cheated me-----he paid me $300 through paypal, after taking my services (article writing) through a freelance website, but after getting my articles---he did a dispute against me-----now the paypal asked to show them a proof of shipment, but how can I give them that---bcoz I've sold my articles through a website--------so the cheater (my client) won the dispute and $300, now my paypal balance is "-$300"....

what will I do now?????

And if I adjust the negative balance now-by any how(transferring $300 more to my pp acnt)----then how can I survive from this type of problem or cheating in my future days?????

please give me reply asap................I need your help--as this is my only profession and paypal is the only medium for me to transfer money in my bank account......please help.......

seoexpress3, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  3. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not PayPal it's your bank taking forever to deposit your funds transfered from your PP account into whichever account you designated the funds to be transfer into.

muffet, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  4. KenRhee

KenRhee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Because of security reasons... (e.g. we need time to verify)

KenRhee, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  5. grover711

grover711 Peon

Best Answers:
    In my case, I withdraw my money from paypal last Dec 1 and until now it's already the 6th of Dec and I still don't see my money on my unionbank account. I had an email from Paypal that I will be seeing my transfer Dec 6 but still negative. It's just so frustrating that this is happening.

grover711, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  6. grover711

grover711 Peon

Best Answers:
    you've worked every hour just to earn this money and now I am worried that I migh not be getting any cent from my transfer. gggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

grover711, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  7. turnkeyforms

turnkeyforms Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I always received my funds from Paypal within 2-3 business days. But if somebody send me an eCheck, it needs 5 days to clear. Do you know how this works and why sometimes its fails to clear?

turnkeyforms, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  8. Spuzzum

Spuzzum Peon

Best Answers:
    Came across this post while searching for the answer myself.

They do say on their own website that it depends on your country of origin:

But.. I did my transaction on January 5th 2011.. last Wednesday. My bank records show that it was released to PayPal on Friday the 7th.. 2 days later.. but that could have been at day's closing for all I know. Come today, Thursday the 13th.. PayPal status page still says "pending".. and of course, the target bank has not received it yet.

Yes, it's only been a week, but they've had the money for at least a few days now. They must have a daily interest account.

Spuzzum, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  9. prettybomb2008

prettybomb2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on your country of origin so it took awhile for others to accept their paypal withdrawal to their bank. I think Paypal is also reviewing each transactions withdrawal or they are also with hold massive withdrawals at the same time...

prettybomb2008, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  10. musichangout.com

musichangout.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For India's it take around 3-4 days for transfering funds to bank account my paypal, which is not bad for us .

musichangout.com, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  11. dhimuazt

dhimuazt Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    hahaha.. their world, their rules man :)
    paypal is the largest payment processor for now so many transaction everyday, maybe that the reason for your question :)

dhimuazt, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  12. Finaltouch

Finaltouch Member

Best Answers:
    In most cases, your local bank perform security check.
    The normal days for money to get into your bank account is 2-3 days.
    Such delay could be painful especially when you are in need of money. sometime(s) you will notice slow operation & money pending approval on monday morning.

so the trick it to go to the atm of you local bank and slot-in your bankcard,prepaid and check for moviment of fund.

This trick has help fasten approval from local bank.
    Note this may not work in all location

Thanks

Finaltouch, Nov 12, 2018 IP
  13. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal is a LOT faster than you are. It took you TEN YEARS to answer this question. Good thing you don't run PayPal - People would die before their money ever showed in their bank.

mmerlinn, Nov 24, 2018 IP
    Mehta likes this.