1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's a good entrepreneur audiobook for a 13 yo?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SenorApples, Oct 9, 2018.

My nephew wants to become an entrepreneur!! :D

What's a good audiobook for a 13 yo to get them started?

What niche is good for them? I would think something along the lines of drop shipped ecommerce or probably building a brand on SM. like the book Crushing It explains in detail.

I would think that crushing it book second.. but what would be a good starter audio book for a 13 with zero knowledge regarding that?

SenorApples, Oct 9, 2018 IP
  2. CrystalWaston

CrystalWaston Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds interesting so just subscribed for newsletter.

CrystalWaston, Oct 9, 2018 IP
  3. Mehta

Mehta Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any of the ones listed on this page, if and wherever available as an audiobook, should be good: http://web.archive.org/web/20160517042627/http://connectone.in/books.php

Mehta, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  4. Rezkin

Rezkin Peon

Best Answers:
    I would probably give my13 year old self a : Rich Dad Poor Dad from Robert Kiyosaki. Your nephew may be a more advanced though.

Rezkin, Oct 14, 2018 IP
    cronik likes this.
  5. b2bwriter

b2bwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How about asking your nephew to enjoy his childhood first. Get his education completed rather spending time on facebook, instagram to build BRAND.
    at 13 he is worrying about money. Money is evil. Once you start to run after it, there is no ending.
    With education and right degree, he can become an engineer, doctor, solider... far better than becoming a freelancer or virtual assitant asking for $2 per hour jobs on internet.

b2bwriter, Oct 26, 2018 IP
    cronik likes this.
  6. craigimass

craigimass Member

Best Answers:
    Quick web site for the kid to look at:
    http://listverse.com/2013/08/22/revised-10-self-made-kid-millionaires/

craigimass, Oct 27, 2018 IP
  7. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing wrong with it, if he focuses on the journey and learning what it takes now while he doesn't have the everyday pressures of life, bills, kids, etc.

cronik, Oct 28, 2018 IP
  8. JaneofTrades

JaneofTrades Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was actually going to suggest, Gary Vaynerchuk's videos. So I'm glad he can get past all the cursing and see and hear the true guidance he gives.
    I would actually suggest he does, another GaryVee tactic, and go garage selling and flip stuff.

And this is why.

You learn SO MUCH from doing this.
    1 - You learn to negotiate face-to-face. Getting someone from $10 to $5 (if possible) - you know that push and pull.
    2 - You learn product photography. How to make an image look good on social media (and you ALWAYS gotta make your products look good).
    3 - You learn sales copywriting. This is a big one. Because to do this correctly, you have to look at it from your customer's perspective. What would make them want to buy yours over someone else selling the same thing? What's their motivation? What do they REALLY want to accomplish buying this product? What are their complaints (or things that would NOT make them want to buy)?, etc.
    There's a great article by Neville Medhora where I learned how to write sales copy that anyone, especially a 13 YO, can follow and understand.
    4 - You learn about pricing. And that includes mediating your margins and setting a monetary goal on how much you want to make per day so that you hit your target of how much you want to make per month.
    5 - You learn about customer service. Getting packages to a person on-time, setting up shipping (or pickup) with your local post office, answering questions in a timely manner, if someone has a complaint about something how to handle it the right way.
    6 - You learn money management. And he'll need your help with that - in regards to automating savings, spending on things that actually matters to him, etc.
    There's a GREAT and funny book on the subject called 'I will teach you to be rich' - that talks about this that's practical as hell and very readable (it's in audio format as well). The title is stupid, but I promise you - it's good.

All this from going garage selling and flipping it on Ebay or Craigslist or whatever.

It builds a GREAT FOUNDATION for any entrepreneurial endeavors he wants to get into when he gets older.
    It's money in the BANK at 13 YO.
    And it's an easy way for him to get small wins that build up his confidence.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers!

JaneofTrades, Oct 30, 2018 IP
  9. JonathanWolfgang

JonathanWolfgang Peon

Best Answers:
    Honesty I think the Market for a 13-year-old is the same for every Marketer/Entrepreneur: Basically, have him choose something that he's interested/passionate about. If he can do that, and monetise it, the money will follow.

JonathanWolfgang, Oct 31, 2018 IP
  10. JonathanWolfgang

JonathanWolfgang Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice addition. "Think And Grow Rich" is another good book.

11. JonathanWolfgang

JonathanWolfgang Peon

Best Answers:
    P.S.
    If you do a search, you should be able to find an Audio Version of the book.
    : )

12. kenseido

kenseido Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco is a great book. I like how he tells you your income is based on the number of people you influence times how much you influence them. He is talking about as an entrepreneur from the fast lane, but it also applies to any job you have. Why does the CEO make so much more than the janitor? He affects many, many more people and to a much greater degree.

kenseido, Nov 19, 2018 IP
  13. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personally think it's a great idea for a 13 year old to learn about building business and finance. It's a useful education that he can add to his formal schooling.

And I don't agree that money is evil. I don't believe that one should chase after it but there's nothing wrong with being ambitious. Evil only comes when money is misused. The money itself has nothing to do with that.

JaneofTrades mentioned some good points about one path your nephew can follow. And another place where he can list the product he wants to flip is Amazon if he wants to try that business model.

You might take a look at https://www.audible.com/author/Michael-Masterson/B001H6WC3O (not my affiliate link). Michael Masterson (pen name) put out some useful books for business building. He started as a copywriter with Agora and helped create AWAI (American Writers and Artists Institute). I learned a good bit from him over the years.

JoeSpirit, Nov 21, 2018 IP
  14. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should have him start with a blog or youtube videos.. If he can be consistent and follow through with it then help him get in to some more 'ecommerce' things...

NetStar, Nov 23, 2018 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  15. kanejose

kanejose Peon

Best Answers:
    "Fastlane" is a business person dialog gathering dependent on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) laid out in the two smash hit books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to advanced migrants, the discussion includes genuine business visionaries making genuine organizations.

kanejose, Nov 24, 2018 IP