1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to protect my articles I want to sale

Discussion in 'General Business' started by b2bwriter, Oct 22, 2018.

Hi,
    I got a direct client
    He asked me to write 500 words articles on email marketing. I did that.
    When I asked him how to deliver that, he asked me to get these articles online so he can see those.
    Now my question is, what if he simply copy paste those articles and say that he didn't like those. What should I do to protect the content. I have already gave him samples specifically written for him which he has already approved. He said that he will pay me by tomorrow as he is having issues with his credit card.
    How I should submit my articles?

b2bwriter, Oct 22, 2018 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You wouldn't need to upload the articles online, you could just e-mail them.

dcristo, Oct 22, 2018 IP
  3. b2bwriter

b2bwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    But still I would be giving him all the articles. So do all writers submit work before and get paid later?

4. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Typically I require payment before sending the articles. I would never send the articles first with a buyer who was "having issues with their credit card" that is just asking for trouble.

dcristo, Oct 22, 2018 IP
  5. b2bwriter

b2bwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That I was asking about. I met him at freelancer. I made a mistake of dealing him with out of freelancer platform as freelancer send money with delay and he talked about sending it right away. Now he is saying that he is having trouble with credit card.

6. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Just be firm with needing payment first or just send them a portion of the article to check the quality perhaps?

dcristo, Oct 22, 2018 IP
  7. b2bwriter

b2bwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm totally new to this content writing thing.
    I talked to him about partial articles but he want to see full articles online. 500+ words article for $2 each. This is my first assignment so I don't know the rates as well.

8. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Sounds like a problematic buyer you should avoid dealing with.

dcristo, Oct 22, 2018 IP
  9. b2bwriter

b2bwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are right. If it is okay, can you guide me how you usually process this whole thing? I mean, once we submit our work/samples, get the project, than what? ask for payment in advance always? 100% upfront or should it be like 50%?

10. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There are people I will send the articles first but I have known these people for years online. If it's a new buyer I would never send the articles first. If it's a small job they should send 100% upfront.

dcristo, Oct 22, 2018 IP
  11. b2bwriter

b2bwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much dcristo.
    I appreciate your immediate response.
    Noted and from now on, I'm going to follow your advice.
    Thank you. ! Like!

dcristo likes this.
  12. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    There's no real protection on digital goods. I assume you're using PP. Even after you get the money the customer still can get it back. All he/she has to do is claim that the items was not delivered or you did a bad job. From my experience when someone says "I have an issue with my CC I will pay you tomorrow" they are probably up to no good.

qwikad.com, Oct 22, 2018 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  13. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Add to that they're wanting to do the deal with the seller outside of the freelance marketplace.

dcristo, Oct 22, 2018 IP
  14. b2bwriter

b2bwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, I'm using Payoneer. I joined recently freelancer and it was my first application. I am surprised at how much they are paying. Everyone bid like they are free. It takes time and effort to even do the data entry work where you are doing simple copy paste. Writing original posts deserve some rewards I guess.

15. b2bwriter

b2bwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Noted. I won't repeat this mistake again.

16. Mehta

Mehta Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since you are just beginning your writing career and the client somehow feels compelled to see the full article before making the payment, iWriter could help to do that (where the buyer can see the article and be able to download it only after actually paying for it). As an added feature, after submitting the article, if they are unable to review it within 3 days, your article gets auto-approved. Refer the third question at https://www.iwriter.com/faq . Unfortunately, iWriter doesn't seem to be accepting new writers at the moment.

Alternatively, if your buyer can be convinced with a combination of a partial (non-downloadable) preview of the article and a third-party rating about your article, then you can submit a marketplace article here: https://contentgather.com/marketplace . They do seem to be accepting new writers. The rates are not as cheap as iWriter though, and that may work to your advantage (especially if the article is pretty generic in nature) because here your article will be simultaneously available to many buyers to preview. You can see their track record of sold articles here: https://contentgather.com/sales . In case your article indeed involves a topic that is not likely to attract other buyers, you can always go for a custom job: https://contentgather.com/custom-jobs .

Mehta, Oct 22, 2018 IP
  17. b2bwriter

b2bwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank you @Mehta. Contentgather is a marketplace and seem quite saturated. Anyway, I appreciate you mention a different way of earning.

18. Mehta

Mehta Active Member

Best Answers:
    It will be very tough to find something which isn't saturated and still has a steady flow of buyers. These are content mills, which are good for a start. If you want to do something where there is less competition, you will have to make deals with buyers directly, and that's not always easy (especially as a beginner).

Mehta, Oct 24, 2018 IP