1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest Character Re-Development (Vector Based) With Different Expressions & Poses

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by grafx77, Oct 6, 2018.

My logo/character has already been created, however now I need a full body for him along with different facial expressions and stances (about 4-5). I am looking for up to 4 facial expressions and 4 poses ranging from excited, mad, sad, and crazy. I am looking to possibly swap out "mix and match" these heads and poses inside photoshop.

My character can be found here: http://CryptoCoinJunky.com

Contest Prize $40

grafx77, Oct 6, 2018 IP
    dmax2020 likes this.
  2. Zinaadh

Zinaadh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Coudnt find any character . Please attach the png file
    Thank you

Zinaadh, Oct 9, 2018 IP
  3. grafx77

grafx77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    Check URL. It's pretty easy to spot.

grafx77, Oct 9, 2018 IP
  4. e-mail2u

e-mail2u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Its the mad scientist behind the bitcoin. However i'm not too sure whether its a free or copyrighted image.

e-mail2u, Oct 9, 2018 IP
  5. grafx77

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    Why would I use a copyrighted image? The character developed is not even going to be exactly the same, so why worry about something that will never happen?

grafx77, Oct 9, 2018 IP
  6. collegerut

collegerut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We, as designers, need an original image to work with. Or, something other than a small image on a site.
    This will allow us to work on your project.So, do you happen to have a source image for this project?

collegerut, Oct 9, 2018 IP
    MJMdesigns likes this.
  7. grafx77

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    Yes, I have the source image, which I can post here, however real designers only need to be able to view the image at hand. There should never be an issue here and would love to hear why there would be.

grafx77, Oct 10, 2018 IP
  8. Quellculate

Quellculate Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think the amount of work for the price is risky for people to enter.
    You rather give this to a designer if you wish to keep this budget.

If you do we can assist with this design no problem :)
    Just PM me!

Quellculate, Oct 10, 2018 IP
  9. grafx77

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    The price is fair. If this is below your budget, no problem. You don't have to take it. However, your opinion on whether it is fair or not is not applicable. I have already received a few entries via PM from others who are interested.

grafx77, Oct 10, 2018 IP
  10. sabujdc

sabujdc Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    He didn't pay . after completing work

sabujdc, Oct 14, 2018 IP
  11. grafx77

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    @sabujdc - Reported! WTF are you talking about fool?

grafx77, Oct 14, 2018 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Please provide evidence that you won the design contest and supplied the artwork accordingly.

sarahk, Oct 14, 2018 IP
    grafx77 likes this.
  13. MJMdesigns

MJMdesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would love to provide that.

#1 "flooded"or not...sites like fiverr give a very delusional and inaccurate guage on the value of PROFESSIONAL level design work which therefore begins to diminish the value of solid executed work by the CLIENT

The difference in crowdsourcing sites like fiverr and those more reputable who have a standard compensation of no lower than $200 for Character/Mascot design (which is the standard for online) is that those sites realize the time and skillet that can go into this genre of design.

They also realize the value of the work to the client if executed successfully.(and this is just for the character,no additional work)

You are asking for that and multiple posture variations for $40...I would certainly like to see some of the quaility of work you recieved through pm...

This request I can not even see being except able by the fiverr designer community although you may find someone hungry or complacent enough to bite (been there myself)...SAD cycle

@Quellculate I believe had the best suggestion for your offer as I was suggesting at the start of your post through pm.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    MJMdesigns, Oct 20, 2018 IP
    collegerut likes this.
  14. MJMdesigns

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And your image is useless except for visual reference to REBUILD the existing features along with the body from scratch.

If the file you can provide is not a editable layered file it does nothing to lighten the load of your request vs. compensation

Hope this helps.

Profile/testimonials
    https://99designs.com/profiles/logolab77

MJMdesigns, Oct 20, 2018 IP
  15. grafx77

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    @MJMdesigns

Regarding your statements....

"#1 "flooded"or not"

#1 flooded or not? What is this suppose to mean? Is this a typo?

"sites like fiverr give a very delusional and inaccurate guage on the value of PROFESSIONAL level design work which therefore begins to diminish the value of solid executed work by the CLIENT"

I think you're trying to say that Fiverr is a bad gauge of professional design work. You really need to spell and grammar check your statements. Many of your statements are very hard to understand and don't relay your thoughts well.
    Anyways....like any other marketplace, Fiverr contains both low quality designers and high quality designers. I don't think DP is a great comparison if that is what you're trying to do. There are just as many "low quality" designers here than there are on Fiverr. Hell, many of the designers here work on Fiverr as well. So again, do you have an actual point here that is valid?

"The difference in crowdsourcing sites like fiverr and those more reputable who have a standard compensation of no lower than $200 for Character/Mascot design (which is the standard for online) is that those sites realize the time and skillet that can go into this genre of design."

Again, what are you trying to compare fiverr to? You keep stating "those sites" but you never get your point across as to what this elusive standard is. Like I've already told you.....just because you ask for a $200 quote on design, doesn't mean you deserve it. You come off as entitled and like you deserve things that you haven't earned. If I can get a great quality design for $50, then I get that for the rate I want and the rate the designer is willing to accept. End of story. This whole ordeal about you crying over not accepting your higher rate for a design is garbage. Why should I pay you $200, when I can pay another designer, with the same quality work for $50? Crying about it doesn't help you and just makes you look bad.

Also worth noting....you haven't even posted your portfolio for me (or anyone else) to view the quality of your work. If you think your such a quality designer, then why don't you post evidence of it? You need to quit your whining and realize that the market will dictate the cost, NOT YOU! You don't "deserve" anything. You can hold out for an employer to pay you a few hundred per design or you can actually put money in your pocket and create a design for $50+. It depends how eager you are. Just realize that your not owed anything and if you want to "wait it out" then that is your choice.

Also realize that there are a TON of designers in the market (much like web developers and coders). Yes, some are better than others, but also realize that the ones that deliver low quality don't get paid either. Quality gets paid in the end, regardless of how skilled you think you are.

grafx77, Oct 20, 2018 IP
  16. grafx77

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    A REAL designer can create anything from an image or from a mere text description. That is what you get paid for! Not to merely adjust layers and use what I already have. If you can't recreate an image then you're useless as a designer. That's one of the main skillsets of being a designer. No wonder you don't get gigs.

grafx77, Oct 20, 2018 IP
  17. MJMdesigns

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

@grafx77...Given my bad grammer and a bit of sleep deprivation,thank you for the response (that was better than coffee :)

Note: Unfortunately reading was the only segment of English class that held my attention.

First,my reference to "flooded with designers" was referring to your pm response in which you stated that being part of the problem.

Although not needed,let my state DP is the best at what they do,which is why I use them...my comparison was only to convey if you use the top reputable crowdsourcing sites that specialize there focus and time,knowledge and resources SOLEY on graphic design,and then you averaged out the standard set compensation price for a professional well executed mascot/character design ...it would bring you around to the figure that I provided,give or take.(I am affiliated with all of them 99designs.com is standard $300 ).

Only Since you asked: if you look at my numbers from what many consider to be the top crowdsourcing site online worldwide (99 designs) I think when I decide to participate...my numbers,profile,and testimonials speak for themselves...I think it may provide a guage on work ethic also.

https://99designs.com/profiles/logolab77
    Runnerup:53
    Wins:59
    So I actually broke there initial win% guage format because I learned the art of applying skillet with work ethic to end the show early and go on to self teach myself not just Mascot/character but multiple genres of successful design solution.

#2 I am well tenured with a professional floorball team with creation of there Mascot "Griffins" and bus design (this can be found in profile) along with a character for at the time,the #1 landscaping company in Colorado.

Also while not still in use I was also selected as winner for a minor league baseball team earlier in my career.(this is really only to name a few).

I currently have two running contract's (which I hate contracts ) with Hooplyn and Hoop Industries clothing line along with a 20 city Donkey George theme contract (featured in profile above) through the selection of my Character design

#4 Out of that list of top crowdsourcing sites specializing in logo design...I currently have a design in the running for designer of the month with over 100 likes and counting daily.(which is currently the most on the site)
    https://www.designcontest.com/character-design/daisyokogyo-inc/entries/

( Unfortunately due to me having 2 accounts I am under exLdesignz instead of logolab77) and the contest holder was a deadbeat with a tuff genre to acticulate resulting in low participation and him abandoning the contest but the design community's response was amazing.

So I guess I can stop there and hopefully not too pretentious:)...so as many other solid professional designer's here and abroad i have put more work in then you would probably care to know and enjoy the breathe of fresh here on sites with low traffic and not as hostle of an environment...and yes along with consulting I actually have afforded myself in most cases once at a 1 on 1 to set prices at this point in my 10yr self taught career (respectfully)

And while by no means making claims as the best (no such thing),I will say respectfully I am no greenhorn.

As I am sure you know offline is a whole other bracket when placing a value on solid effective designwork... I am only referencing the online market with my figures.

I can assure you that you will not have the interest for a full stat sheet on my assessment.

There is a range of intangibles involved in the design process that some people and sites appreciate and acknowledge more than others as with anything else.

looking forward to hearing back,you can also pm if your would like to get this project done....turnaround would be 4 - 7 hrs tops for just the character.12- 24 hrs for 4 additional postures...prices and revisions (if needed) can be dicussed at your convenience via pm

I enjoy working the genre which is why i am even here and realize this is a pretty budget friendly site so $40 would be feasible just for a complete character alone.

MJMdesigns, Oct 21, 2018 IP
    collegerut likes this.
  18. MJMdesigns

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  19. MJMdesigns

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Note: My auto spell check is also off whack at the moment and is sometimes turning words that were typed correctly into a mispelling...where the word "skillet" is used towards the top it should be "skillset"

20. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Spell checkers are WORTHLESS!

1) If you KNOW how to spell, you do NOT need a spell checker.
    2) If you do NOT know how to spell, a spell checker will EMBARRASS you with MULTIPLE unknown errors.

mmerlinn, Oct 21, 2018 IP
    MJMdesigns likes this.