1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing advice for a new app! Please Help!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by MadHive, Oct 18, 2018.

Hi members,
    This is my first post in this forum.
    I was hoping to gain some advice. I've been working on a new app targeted mainly at bloggers, and people who like to create content on platforms, but I have no idea how and in what ways I should market to attract attention and get people to use the app. Marketing isn't my strong suit. It's essentially a new platform that combines social networking with the powerful tools of forums. Any ideas and suggestions would be useful and appreciated :)

MadHive, Oct 18, 2018 IP
  2. JohnWS

JohnWS Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't have suggestions for you, but I'll be watching this thread for other people's ideas!

JohnWS, Oct 18, 2018 IP
  3. Jenefer_h

Jenefer_h Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1) I'll suggest you to first search your competition website and ask them ad space as this is the best fast way to reach out to people of most exact interest.
    2) If this will not work, then go for Adsense and advertise your app on similar kind of websites to gain some relevant traffic.
    3) Apart from that, you can also search for facebook groups on a similar topic and ask an admin to advertise for you in that group.
    4) And lastly, do the basic SEO

Jenefer_h, Oct 29, 2018 IP
  4. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    1.Develop authentic and mutually beneficial relationship with influencers
    2. If you have a website that is fully functional and mobile friendly then leverage on your mobile website
    3. Feature your app in official blogs
    4. Feature it in your emails as well
    5. Consider alternative app stores like; Get Jar, SlideMe, Opera mobile store, Amazon app store etc
    6. Create good quality demo videos
    7. Take advantage of social media

Anitasol, Oct 30, 2018 IP
  5. Alex Kowalski

Alex Kowalski Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi!
    If you struggles with marketing and don't know how to start your project you can just contact us to solve your problem. DRB Market Research in Poland and Europe - We offer qualitative and quantitative market research and we do have a big experience in conducting social networking research. We are on the market since 2013 and we conduct research using many market techniques throughout Poland and Central + Eastern Europe. Check out our website: www.drbresearch.org where you can find out more information about our offer.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Alex Kowalski, Nov 9, 2018 IP
  6. beatpavel

beatpavel Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi MadHive,
    I suggest you learn more about Product Hunt platform. For small start-ups with low marketing budgets and resources, it can only by itself push awareness of your new App. There are potential users of your app, people who can give you feedback about features, UX, etc. There are also lots of bloggers who search for the new solutions they can write about.
    But starting project on Product Hunt is not an easy task. You can't just post information about your app like in typical free catalogs. Try to check materials on Product Hunt launch - there are a lot of useful articles and videos on the Net.

beatpavel, Nov 10, 2018 IP