1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Density of keywords, does this penalize?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Wey, Oct 13, 2018.

Hello, how are you?

Ask you
    If you think that little text and repeat the words can sometimes penalize you
    The penalty can be, get out of the ranking?

What percentage of repetition is good
    2. 3. 4%

Thanks Greetings.

Wey, Oct 13, 2018 IP
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well for what i know its good to have keyword density at maximum 5% if you repeat it to much it can be considered as trying to spam by search engines

Spartan14, Oct 13, 2018 IP
  3. Rezkin

Rezkin Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I learned there is no perfect percentage or even a clear limit to keyword density. Many SEOs who are successful say about 1% should be just fine, no more. The reason is that Google has advanced algorithms to judge a quallityof thext now and the big quality indicator is relevancy of the article as well as completnes of the topic.

Google these concepts: topical relevancy and LSI (latent semantic indexing).

Natural quality writing will cover both topical relevancy of the subject and use lot of not only synonims but related keywords as well.

This is what you should be focus on instead of looking at a keywords density of a particular keyword which bassicaly leads you to pay little intention on these other more complex quality indicators.

Rezkin, Oct 13, 2018 IP
  4. Wey

Wey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello

What tool do you recommend me to analyze the density of keywords?
    And ask if in the tool
    I have to have put with the titles and the meta descriptions or not.

Thanks greetings

Wey, Oct 13, 2018 IP
  5. Rezkin

Rezkin Peon

Best Answers:
    The website is called "seobook com" and the tool is called "keyword density analyser". It is completely free tool but you need to register on a website to use it. It will give you keyword densities for 1,2 and 3 words keywords. I used it on a daily bases for my amazon affiliate website.

Rezkin, Oct 13, 2018 IP
  6. Wey

Wey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello

With that tool
    To do the search
    you select all the options?
    Or do I just have to select some?

Thanks greetings

Wey, Oct 14, 2018 IP
  7. Rezkin

Rezkin Peon

Best Answers:
    I only leave a "stop words" selected. The rest I deselct. This gives a bit cleaner keyword density for the body of the article. I don't allow it to go more than 2% in general for any keyword. However, some articles had higher densities and did rank, for a while at least, in good positions.

Keyword density is not reliable when it is used as the only parameter to judge the SEO optimisation of the text. You need topical relevancy, LSI keywords, internal anchor text, backlinks, backlinks anchor text and page relevancy... The list is very big to do a proper SEO.

Rezkin, Oct 14, 2018 IP
  8. Jim Catanich

Jim Catanich Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The topic is keyword stuffing - or what is the maximum keyword density that can be used before Google bitches.
    I had a mature web page that was OnPage SEOed correctly and I wanted to see if adding an additional keyword phrase would change the page's ranking for a specific keyword phrase.
    The page was SEOed for the phrase "Personal Injury Lawyer" and the search term was "Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer". Just above the footer of this WordPress page, I added four (4) phrases.

Personal Injury Lawyer
    Personal Injury Lawyer
    Personal Injury Lawyer
    Personal Injury Lawyer

Simple. Then I saved the page.
    I ran a Google search on the phrase Personal Injury Lawyer. No placement in the top 100 SERPs.
    Then I ran a Google search on the phrase Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer. #21 placement in the top 100 SERPs.

I used Google Search Console's Fetch command to request Google to index the page.
    And five minutes later, I ran a Google search on the phrase Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer. #67 placement in the top 100 SERPs (with the four (4) phrase).

The next day, I removed one of the phrases (now three (3), saved it, and used Google Search Console's Fetch command to request Google to index the page.
    And five minutes later, I ran a Google search on the phrase Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer. #44 placement in the top 100 SERPs (with the three (3) phrase).

The next day, I removed another one of the phrases (now two (2), saved it, and used Google Search Console's Fetch command to request Google to index the page.
    And five minutes later, I ran a Google search on the phrase Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer. #23 placement in the top 100 SERPs (with the two (2) phrase).

The next day, I removed another one of the phrases (now one (1), saved it, and used Google Search Console's Fetch command to request Google to index the page.
    And five minutes later, I ran a Google search on the phrase Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer. #12 placement in the top 100 SERPs (with the one (1) phrase).

The next day, I removed the last one (now one (0), saved it, and used Google Search Console's Fetch command to request Google to index the page.
    And five minutes later, I ran a Google search on the phrase Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer. #21 placement in the top 100 SERPs (with the one (0) phrase).

And just for the fun of it, the next day, I removed one of the existing phrases from the exiting content, saved it, and used Google Search Console's Fetch command to request Google to index the page.
    And five minutes later, I ran a Google search on the phrase Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer. #38 placement in the top 100 SERPs (with the minus one (-1) phrase).

I've also used "location on the page" (moving it up & down) with no change in the results.

So I am now thinking that content keyword stuffing is still valid but there is a limit. My final "content only" keyword density was (2.87%) and each of the top three (3) SERPs were within 0.50%.

---

As for the tool to use, any are good because it's not getting the exact or precise % value. It's the comparison between web pages that matter. As long as you are close, and your on-page SEO is correct, then it is only link building that will change your ranking.

As for the % target, you should only focus on the keyword density of the content only. When adding the header, navigation, etc. this skews the test or will mislead you.

And most important note from above, Google will allow you to "fetch" the same page every 24.00 hours. A real pain in the a@@.

I used http://tools.seobook.com/general/keyword-density/ for this test.

Jim Catanich, Oct 14, 2018 IP
  9. Wey

Wey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello

Rezkin
    Use the tools and the main keyword has less than 1%
    In other key words 3.80 although these are not main

Jim Catanich
    Thanks for telling us your case

Thank you all for helping

Wey, Oct 16, 2018 IP
  10. Nitish3088

Nitish3088 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    work towards making the content more relevant, focusing on concepts like keyword density will make it look more made up and less original. Google will trust you more with the originality and uniqueness of the content more than what density you are putting in.

Nitish3088, Oct 17, 2018 IP
  11. Wey

Wey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can tell me
    How to use exactly
    any of those tools
    Which options should I mark exactly and which ones should I not

thanks greetings

Wey, Oct 29, 2018 IP
  12. sialthuong

sialthuong Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's depend on each business, industry.
    For me if you need to find the range of good keywords density for your page, you can analyze top 10 on SERP to get some idea.

sialthuong, Oct 29, 2018 IP
  13. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword density is calculated as the percent of the number of times the keyword appears on a page divided by the total number of words in that page.

It means if you use your keywords 10 times in an article of 100 words, your keyword density will be 10%. There are different formulas for calculating the keyword density.

But if you think that using a keyword many times will help you to rank higher in SERPs then you are wrong.

Google might treat your page as well as your site as “keyword spamming” and it will lead to an over optimization penalty.

MilesWeb, Oct 30, 2018 IP
  14. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Just write for your readers instead of trying to achieve a certain "keyword density".

dcristo, Oct 30, 2018 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  15. DigitalNT

DigitalNT Member

Best Answers:
    too much keyword stuffing is considered spam by all search engines. Normal keyword density should between 3%-5%. I suggest Yoast, it helps.

DigitalNT, Oct 31, 2018 IP
  16. sigen

sigen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you don't want to get penalized by any of Google animals (Panda, Penguin etc.), you should avoid keyword stuffing. Use long-tail versions and LSI keywords instead.

sigen, Nov 1, 2018 IP
  17. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Read your text out loud to yourself. If it sounds keyword-stuffed, it probably is. If it sounds good, hit the Send button and upload it. Write using synonyms, synonym phrases, and related words and phrases rather than one word or phrase used over and over. The search engines will like that variety. They will not like keyword stuffing.

For example, I'm currently writing an article about ingratitude. Rather than repeating that word over and over, I'll vary the text with (just for example) such words or phrases as: thanksgiving, thank you, grateful, appreciate, ungrateful, thankful, unthankful, et cetera. Maybe not all of them or those exact words, but you get the idea.

Jim4767, Nov 1, 2018 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  18. David Blakey

David Blakey Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what they've been telling you but 5% is too much (if we're talking about verbatim keywords). However, if you're referring to keyword variations then perhaps 5% is a reasonable density. It just doesn't work for verbatim keywords unless you're targetting generic ones that don't sound too awkward when stitched with other words or sentences.

David Blakey, Nov 1, 2018 IP
    dcristo likes this.