1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone support phpld??

Discussion in 'Directories' started by LakeCountry, Jan 4, 2018.

Is there anyone still around who works on phpld? Duval has closed shop and there is zero support there for anything which really sucks for those of us that still have products we bought from him:mad::mad::mad:. If you can help me with my phpld script please let me know. Thanks in advance

LakeCountry, Jan 4, 2018 IP
  2. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you have created a support ticket in our jobs area, that part of our site has remained open continuously. If there is a support ticket number that we failed to answer, I apologize but just let me know the number and we can help.

dvduval, Jan 6, 2018 IP
  3. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And I saw your message started three days ago. Will be able to help early next week. I had the flu the last few days so probably thinks feel behind a little and sorry about that.

dvduval, Jan 6, 2018 IP
  4. diggs11

diggs11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it was good and easy script to handle phpld directory I had few directories but now I don't have
    Because the concept is little changed

diggs11, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  5. dynn

dynn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Duval close shop? I still have a few directories from phpld.

dynn, Mar 4, 2018 IP
    dvduval likes this.
  6. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, we are not in a position to offer free support however we do have many customers who are still with us. Some of them just like our programmers but don’t use phpLD, and a few still use phpLD. But if you are interested in receiving service, it may not be free, but we are still here at
    phplinkdirectory.com/jobs

dvduval, Mar 18, 2018 IP
  7. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed PhpLD had a recent update, That's good news for those using, Hope all is well at php link directory.

Best Regards

phplduser, May 24, 2018 IP
  8. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Yes. We updated so that we would be compatible with PHP 7+. And by the way, is some niches I have seen directories make a huge comeback. Software directories (organized by category) are doing very well for example.

dvduval, Oct 9, 2018 IP
    phplduser likes this.
  9. chepaka

chepaka Peon

Best Answers:
    I had too many problems with it, so I closed.

chepaka, Oct 10, 2018 IP
  10. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, really? What was the URL of your directory?
    Like any website, you need to maintain it, update it, and these things can require investment of time and money. That being said, there are many people who got out of directories as the internet got bigger, and Google did not place as much value on links and PageRank. That includes me. :) I don't have a directory that I maintain at the moment.

But you would be surprised. We have customers that started with us in 2006 or so, and are still running phpLD, or in some way have a business relationship with us. I remember we started the "jobs area" somewhere around 2007, and the very first person to ever post a job there posted more work last month. Haha

Anyways, I'm sorry if you had a bad experience. It's hard to know exactly where the disconnect might have been whether that be us missing a support ticket, you not getting the value you needed or understanding aspects of the software, or maybe just market forces. We have to keep moving sometimes! Best wishes!

Added: and I looked in our Google Analytics just now. We still have 100s of referrals per day coming in from those directory footer links. Tons of directories still going strong, but far from the "old days" :)

dvduval, Oct 10, 2018 IP
  11. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Test your luck on Bruleo.com ,but don't expect much since Bruleo less active than years ago.

suwandichen13, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  12. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I am one of them ;) Never forget those days david. Now its almost over (at least for me) :p

DON.

deluxdon, Oct 24, 2018 IP
  13. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Of course not. :) It was a good time to be in the directory business, and it was also my first strong business that I started myself. And better still I know many people started their own businesses with phpLD.

In today's business climate, big players like Google, Amazon and Facebook dominate, and they almost force you into working for them, or at least directly on their platforms. Things are different.

I have been fortunate enough that I was able to start some new businesses since then that are equally successful, and they still serve small businesses, not mega corporations. I would like to think that there will be a swing back in the direction of average prople being able to start their own businesses more readily.

But that will involve some changes in our politics. Giving corporations and super rich additional tax brakes hardly leaves any space for average people as we saw during the era of phpLD, especially in the online space.

But this trade war may prove to shake things up a bit, not in a good way, so there will likely be some pain first, but then some great new opportunities may arise. I hope so.

I am already starting to do some business with Chinese, and I speak Chinese (studied every day for hours over the last few years) .:)

dvduval, Oct 27, 2018 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  14. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to chime in here, David has been a huge help and I am glad he is still offering this great script. And yes I think directories still have a place online, not the spammy ones that where prevalent when Google cracked down on them but there is still plenty of value in niche directories offering legitimate listings.

jg123, Oct 17, 2019 IP
  15. henry_nguyen

henry_nguyen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what happen to dmoz? i think directories are great no matter what because they are human editing

henry_nguyen, Oct 23, 2019 IP
  16. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Closed down a while ago and now it seems curlie.org is using data i think.

Best Regards

phplduser, Feb 27, 2020 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hey @dvduval - I've bought a few of your scripts, but it was a long time ago!

1. Am I allowed to change the domain that they run on?
    2. At one stage there was resistance from other users to upgrade to v5, did their concerns get addressed or is v4 still the most stable?
    3. I can't actually remember what it does beyond what I needed at the time, is there a feature list?

sarahk, Jun 29, 2021 IP