1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I got more online sales from Instagram giveaway loop. Personal experience with social media.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by hakzona, Sep 24, 2018.

Hey colleagues.

After searching here for a bit on strategies to promote, I actually found out nobody is really doing this. Anyway, I thought creating dedicated post will be a good idea. Here it is, hope it helps you with your marketing channels.

My company running ecommerce website that was producing ~$50-80k in sales a month. Primarily from ad spend on Adwords, FB and buying from Criteo retargeting. So, for the past 2 years our sales were flat. I, as a marketing strategist, wanted to establish our own pool of people instead of buying them online or via traditional ads. I started boosting our social media profiles, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. It turned out after period of time that Instagram drives most of sales so I focused on Instagram; however I was only able to get users from our own pool of customers (about 1k). Buying Instagram/Facebook ads was waaaay too expensive so I found giveaways company and did a test of the Loop Giveaway with them, that gave us almost 150k followers in 7 days contest. We started having some engagement with products on Instagram and then boom, I started seeing more sales. We lost about 20k followers after the end of the giveaway but then got more organic followers. So that's the story. It's been 2 months now and we are on the list for a new giveaway as a sponsor. Current followers on IG is 148k.

Hope it helps...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    hakzona, Sep 24, 2018 IP
  2. kentik

kentik Active Member

Best Answers:
    who you did it with?

kentik, Sep 24, 2018 IP
  3. hakzona

hakzona Member

Best Answers:
    There are bunch of these giveaways on IG but I did it with Adinify

hakzona, Sep 24, 2018 IP
  4. MatBerrows

MatBerrows Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well done.
    You've got IG followers organically?

MatBerrows, Sep 25, 2018 IP
  5. Warren Willy

Warren Willy Member

Best Answers:
    So you didn't even use any promotional tools but gained so many followers with giveaways?
    I thought that all these actions are scam just for gaining followers and now I see that it isn't.
    Good job!

Warren Willy, Sep 26, 2018 IP
  6. Konnock

Konnock Member

Best Answers:
    Giveaway thing always works. People start following you in order to win something, but a for me I'm not following such pages for a long time if they don't offer something really needed from time to time.
    I also don't like the point that people has to mention someone in comments in order to take part in action. As all these mentions become annoying.

Konnock, Sep 28, 2018 IP
  7. Orol

Orol Member

Best Answers:
    I heard how giveaway works. I was sure that most of the followers leave after the rally. How did you manage to keep them? Can you tell us the conditions of your hand?

Orol, Oct 5, 2018 IP
  8. Buzzoid

Buzzoid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very interesting idea. Cool. I did not think it would work. Could you tell us more about this whole venture?

Buzzoid, Oct 7, 2018 IP