1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the effect of merging two major websites ?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by hemsmail, Sep 19, 2018.

Hello Experts,

I need your guidance related to topic.

I am working with the two product based website, but both have the same product base (wedding invitations). Both are targeting on different locations but both are in USA.

Here now the story is, one of website a2zweddingcards which has the good rank(under 10 ) for most of the keywords but we are not getting revenue to this website where my another website 123weddingcards (10 yr old brand) is greeting good conversion rate. So we are thinking to merge both of the websites. So can you share your expert advice to merge both of the websites?

hemsmail, Sep 19, 2018 IP
  2. SaleSmith

SaleSmith Peon

Best Answers:
    If you'll merge websites you have a risk to lost traffic and conversion together. The best way is to work on each site.

SaleSmith, Oct 8, 2018 IP
  3. sigen

sigen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can merge a less effective website with the one having a decent conversion rate. It's a quite complicated process, but if you do everything right, the last one should get some boost.

sigen, Nov 7, 2018 IP
  4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is what I would do...
    Keep the site that's getting good conversions. (traffic with no conversions is useless)(increasing rank isn't hard)
    Transfer the content from the other site and 301 redirect each old url to each new url. (this will pass most link juice and traffic)
    Make sure to convert to "https" if you haven't already.

kjh-08, Nov 8, 2018 IP
  5. gerardm24

gerardm24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the redirection of the non-performing site, to the other one that performs. In this way, you do not have to spend any more additional efforts on the non-performing site but rather concentrate on, and enhance all the attributes of the one that is doing well.

gerardm24, Jul 16, 2020 IP
  6. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I believe when you merge two websites you'll levitate the risk of loosing traffic, although it's not always the case; however, it's pretty common.

Ayoub benali01, Jul 27, 2020 IP