1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

when can I add my forum or website to search engines?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by migha, Sep 11, 2018.

hello everyone
    please, I have a new forum with no threads or members yet. when can I add it to search engines? is it allowed now? or I must add threads and members first?

and many thanks in advance

migha, Sep 11, 2018 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Worry about creating an active community and search engine indexing will take care of itself.

dcristo, Sep 11, 2018 IP
  3. migha

migha Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for reply, but I am asking about specific point: when can I add my forum to search engine? is it allowed now while there are no threads and members? or I must add threads and members first?

migha, Sep 11, 2018 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @dcristo answered your question. If you can't understand a simple answer like he gave you, then how can you hope to run a forum?

Spoiltdiva, Sep 11, 2018 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Think about the question you're asking for a second, it is ridiculously stupid...

You want to index a forum that has no threads/posts... why? There are no pages to index.

Regardless, Google and other search engines will index the important pages over time.

You should be more worried about how you're going to create an active community.

dcristo, Sep 11, 2018 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  6. migha

migha Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Spoiltdiva
    oh
    firstly my forum is in my first language not in English so do not worry I am native speaker haha
    secondly I have understood what he said. I expected the answer would be yes or no then more explaining not a reply everyone knows.
    I did not ask what should I care about. I asked when can add my forum and did not get the answer.
    I am totally new to SEO so I wanted to know details about how many threads should I have before adding my forum to search engines. I meant adding my forum link. I even did not ask about indexing pages

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    migha, Sep 11, 2018 IP
  7. migha

migha Active Member

Best Answers:
    AS I told I am asking about when can I add my(forum link) or how many threads should I have before adding my forum link to the search engines.
    even if I had threads how my forum to be active without appearing on Google and users find it then register to be active members?

migha, Sep 11, 2018 IP
  8. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You don't seem to understand how any of this works, you don't add your link to Google or any other search engines, when your forum has pages to crawl the search engines will find them, just a word of advice, establishing a forum is one of the most soul destroying things you can do.
    I bet 99% of new forums fail within the first few months.

malky66, Sep 12, 2018 IP
  9. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not called a "forum link", it's called a URL. Create an account in Search Console, then go to "fetch & render" and ask google to index your URL.
    Just because you get your homepage URL indexed doesn't mean you're going to rank anywhere near first page let alone get traffic. "Build it and they will come" doesn't apply!

kjh-08, Sep 12, 2018 IP
  10. migha

migha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for your reply. finally, I got an answer in the right direction, but please I did not ask how. I am just asking when can I submit my URL? Is it allowed now even there are no threads? or how many threads should I have before submitting it? and many thanks in advance

migha, Sep 12, 2018 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that @malky66 has hit the proverbial nail on the head. I don't know how many times or how many ways it can be explained. Please refer back to post #2 and SLOWLY reread it two or three times.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 12, 2018 IP
  12. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Create lots and lots of content first. And get some active people in your forum who can create content and as well as actively moderate content. You shouldn't be worried about search engines now.

mrb1129, Sep 12, 2018 IP
  13. migha

migha Active Member

Best Answers:
    please, if you do not have information then no need to reply. the best answer for me till now is @kjh-08 answer
    at least he knew what I am talking about

migha, Sep 13, 2018 IP
  14. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can have it indexed anytime you want. Just don't want the homepage "under construction" type. The amount of content on a site has no bearing on initial indexing.

kjh-08, Sep 13, 2018 IP
  15. eFusion World

eFusion World Member

Best Answers:
    Some forums will allow you to link to your site in your signature. So you need to check your website can be read properly by search engines. submitting isn't really necessary, but most search engines offer the option to submit your site.

eFusion World, Sep 15, 2018 IP
  16. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What you think it's still working for ranking point of view?

Aryans, Sep 18, 2018 IP