1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to know how to earn money with pay per click advertizing

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Decent252, Sep 3, 2018.

Hi All,

I am new to the ad world but not new to website world. I would like to set up a blog on English communication skills, and would like to earn on ads. Suggestions please.

Decent252, Sep 3, 2018 IP
  2. marketingpro888

marketingpro888 Peon

Best Answers:
    I live from ppc and affiliate marketing. You need to find a good product to promote and then you need to get people to click on that link (and buy it). I mostly market my products using email marketing. > mailr.network is the best way to get new subscribers and traffic in my opinion. If you already have/gain enough subscribers use > mailchimp.com or a similar mass mailing service. hope this advice helps you!

marketingpro888, Sep 7, 2018 IP
  3. Decent252

Decent252 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks but i am not clear how to use mailchimp.com I dont have a website tooo

Decent252, Sep 9, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There are tons of help files on mailchimp. Personally I send them from my own cms using mandrill which is the back end of mailchimp but there are services like mailgun as well.

You may not have a website now, but you will and that's what @marketingpro888 was referring to.

Make sure you do tons of research before you spend any money. The translation, language school market is pretty well established and you'll need to find your own point of difference.

sarahk, Sep 9, 2018 IP
  5. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your first step is to actually get a website setup! You're trying to put the cart in-front of the horse.

I'll tell you a secret to earning money, it's directing related to the value you provide. Provide value to ten people you'll earn a little money, provide value to ten thousand people you'll earn a great income, provide value to millions you'll become filthy rich.

kjh-08, Sep 10, 2018 IP
  6. Decent252

Decent252 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Kjh, how to provide value to customers. Do i need to do blogging on wordpress or build a site in java as i am an java developer.

Using mailchimp what exactly do i need to know. Sorry if i am asking too basic questions

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2018
    Decent252, Sep 10, 2018 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You're focussed on the wrong things.
    First up you need a business plan.
    What do people need?
    How can you deliver that?
    Why will your way be as good as or better than others?
    Why will your way be worse or less effective than others?
    What are your future competitors doing well?
    What are your future competitors doing badly?
    What are people going to be prepared to pay for your goods/services?
    Or will you be able to get enough advertising so that you can offer it for free?
    What will it cost for you to deliver the goods/services?
    Does the projected revenue exceed the costs?
    Even if you pay yourself?
    Can you schedule the service delivery so that you can have time away from the business?
    Will you need to employ people to make the business possible?

Once you've honestly, and ruthlessly assessed everything you can start looking at the specifics.

sarahk, Sep 10, 2018 IP
  8. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately I can't answer this for you, only you can figure this out. What is Java anyway? I've heard the term and googled it and still don't have a clue. Can you explain it in very simple terms?

kjh-08, Sep 10, 2018 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's a programming language. Once you've learnt one you can learn another pretty quickly. I'm surprised a programmer is daunted by a simple mail integration.

sarahk, Sep 10, 2018 IP
  10. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In addition to what @sarahk said about evaluating your business plan, do the following.

Estimate your costs and estimate your gross income.

Double your costs and halve your gross income.

If your halved gross income is greater than your doubled costs, you have a winner and should go for it. If not, I would re-evaluate everything. If the results are still the same, forget about the business.

Why do I say that? Most people use rose-colored glasses when evaluating costs and income, then either struggle for years trying to make something work, or simply go bankrupt. There are ALWAYS unexpected costs and there are ALWAYS unexpected income shortfalls. Using the above guide gives you a fighting chance to run a viable business from the get go.

mmerlinn, Sep 11, 2018 IP
  11. mrdo

mrdo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Build your site first, money will come with good traffic :)

mrdo, Sep 11, 2018 IP
  12. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your answer is bullshit.

One can build all the websites he wants to build and get good traffic from all of them, but if one is not targeting the right audience the money will NEVER come. Putting the cart before the horse seldom works.

The FIRST thing needed is a BUSINESS PLAN. THEN build the CORRECT website for that plan. THEN the money will come.

mmerlinn, Sep 11, 2018 IP
  13. collegeOnlineJob

collegeOnlineJob Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree that without a business plan he shouldn't start. Especially if you want to start with PPC. You can waste a lot of money with PPC if you don't have a clue what you are doing.

I would start by finding a niche and starting a niche website (blog). There are many free articles that show you how to set up a blog. The next step would be building content that fits the interest of your target group. When you start attracting visitors to your website you can think about your monetizing strategy. I think there are endless possibilities but the easiest and most efficient way would be to recommend products that solve problems of your target group and get a commission for referring these people (this is called affiliate marketing).

collegeOnlineJob, Sep 12, 2018 IP
  14. nikipink

nikipink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CPC & Affiliate Programs is good for your blog...

CPC: Adsense or infolinks. (you can test both of them)

Affiliate Programs: Amazon or Cj

nikipink, Sep 17, 2018 IP