1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What type of chargeback information does a eCommerce retailers have?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by analyst3, Aug 30, 2018.

Are eCommerce retailers able to obtain all/most information about a transaction that has resulted in chargeback?

For example, if you're a large online retailer and you've had 500 chargebacks in the last six months, can you pull all data associated with those transactions for data analysis purposes?

For example: Date and time of purchase, type of product, price of product, device fingerprint, ip address, email, phone number, shipping and billing address, etc

analyst3, Aug 30, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    are you using paypal or dps?

sarahk, Aug 30, 2018 IP
  3. analyst3

analyst3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Neither. I'm into fraud prevention and I'm looking to move into data analytics. That is why I ask.

analyst3, Aug 30, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It will depend on where you are drawing the stats from.

If you want the data from the merchant then it will depend on the merchant and the type of account your client holds - more information may be available to those who have the most transactions.

If you go through the client's own data then it will depend on their internal systems. Big company like Spark, no problems, little company like an artisanal cheese maker then they're probably on woocommerce or Shopify and it may depend on how thoroughly they maintain their own data.

sarahk, Aug 30, 2018 IP
  5. analyst3

analyst3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Most merchants that require in-depth fraud prevention are those with high volume transactions.

So how would you guess they would send me that information? in other words, how would you personally do a data dump to me for 500 chargeback transactions?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    analyst3, Aug 31, 2018 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I guess you're going to need to work it out as you go along. You'll need to ask them for access and they may give you full but read only access or they may insist on dumping to a spreadsheet. There are so many unknowns and you haven't given anything concrete to base answers on.

sarahk, Aug 31, 2018 IP
  7. analyst3

analyst3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply.

Order, shipping and card holder information on the chargebacks. Like date and time of purchase, type of product, price of product, device fingerprint, ip address, email, phone number, shipping and billing address, etc

I doubt they'd give me access, although I don't really know. But you did give me the answer I was looking for - dumping to a spreadsheet. I can ask clients to dump to a spreadsheet.

analyst3, Sep 2, 2018 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How do you have clients when you don't know the basics?

I'm hope you're not ripping off kiwi companies.

sarahk, Sep 2, 2018 IP
  9. analyst3

analyst3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't have any clients, I'm still learning certain aspects of fraud prevention I'm not familiar with.

analyst3, Sep 3, 2018 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here we have the Warren Buffet of DP.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Sep 3, 2018 IP
  11. tgotchi

tgotchi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fraud prevention is a heavy task if you are a small business. You should consider 3rd party fraud prevention service such as FraudLabs Pro or Signifyd to help you on the screening. FraudLabs Pro has flat fee cost by number of transactions per month, and a free tier of 500 transactions per month. Signifyd is charging 1-2% of your sales revenue but fully insured if you have chargeback.

tgotchi, Nov 26, 2018 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @tgotchi the op is trying to set himself up as one of those companies.

sarahk, Nov 26, 2018 IP