1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice

Discussion in 'Design' started by Chris Hayes, Aug 16, 2018.

Hi, guys! I am done redesigning my website. What are your thoughts about it? How are colors, animation, navigation, etc?
    Please give me your suggestions. I really appreciate your opinion.
    https://under-the-open-sky.com

Chris Hayes, Aug 16, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I haven't seen stats like this since my dial up days. The page is still loading

upload_2018-8-17_8-29-45.png

It's up to 2.7 minutes now.

The site took 5 seconds to even respond to my request

main_animation_atlas_.png took 1.6 minutes to load
    fire_animation_atlas_.png took 11 seconds to load

upload_2018-8-17_8-32-26.png
    I don't know what you're getting from that russian site but it's not helping your load speeds either.

sarahk, Aug 16, 2018 IP
  3. Chris Hayes

Chris Hayes Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your feedback! We disable animation, so it's better now.

Chris Hayes, Aug 22, 2018 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Still took 45 seconds to load. That is way too slow. My main index page, though hopelessly dated, with nearly 3000 links on it, ONLY TAKES TWO(2) SECONDS to load on this computer. Your page, essentially with NOTHING on it, should load so fast that I could not measure the loading speed.

Next, there is NOTHING above the fold to even SUGGEST that one should scroll down for content. All that is above the fold is a menu, a blue square to the left, and a child's drawing to the right. THERE IS NO CALL-TO-ACTION ANYWHERE ABOVE THE FOLD! That is a HUGE NO-NO.

If what I see above the fold is indicative of your site, I see no point in scrolling down for confirmation. Considering the loading speed (SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW) I seriously doubt that whatever is below the fold is even worth looking at.

I am not a coding expert like @deathshadow is, but if I were to look under the hood I would probably see OODLES of Javascript files for NOTHING, OODLES of CSS files for NOTHING, OODLES of BLOATED image files, and so on. Just the HANDSHAKING time would probably cause my brain to explode.

mmerlinn, Aug 22, 2018 IP
  5. Chris Hayes

Chris Hayes Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your suggestions! And sorry, for not a pleasant experience with our site. We're gonna change it now

Chris Hayes, Aug 30, 2018 IP