1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Call Tracking Form design

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Mike Bularz, Aug 20, 2018.

Hi guys!

I have a client who wants to understand where his calls are coming from to justify the cost of marketing. I have suggested a few call tracking tools, but at the moment we are going to use a form to track calls as they come in.
    The idea is to ask, how did you hear about us? Etc.

Other than Name, location, needed service, and asking how they found the business, what else would you consider putting on there? Or is that all the data we need to collect?

Bonus: Is there an easy way to tie this to Google analytics?

Mike Bularz, Aug 20, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    • I'd be putting an instant chat on the website and using that as a source too
    • Every call should be added to a CRM anyway, you need to know how long it takes for people to make a decision to purchase from their first contact. You need to know if you've heard from them before and if they call back with a complaint about the person they talked to or to lock in a quote you need to know who/what/when
    • Do you need to know if they've ever purchased from a competitor?
    • When they're likely to make their purchasing decision?
    • Are they the decision maker?
    • Do they want a follow up call?

FWIW how did you hear is only good for people who have genuinely just heard about you as part of their purchasing process. I've been asked that by airlines, major websites, huge companies. If I have to think back further than 6 months you're going to get a snarky response.

sarahk, Aug 20, 2018 IP
  3. Mike Bularz

Mike Bularz Peon

Best Answers:
    Sarah, thanks for the chat box suggestion :D

This is for a therapist / rehab office, so b2C environment, other than referrals from hospitals. Only one decision maker, unless it is a relative calling on behalf

Are there any free, useable CRM's for this type of use case?

I like these suggestions, wouldn't have thought of "when" such as timeframe for treatment

Mike Bularz, Aug 20, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I haven't looked at a CRM for a while (used to be my thing, back in the day) but my dr uses http://mypractice.co.nz/, and I like that I can make appointments, request Rx, see test results etc. My physio and hairdresser both use gettimely.com, there are plenty of CRM only but consider the value add of letting patients have some control - especially ones who might be in crisis mode.

https://www.google.com/search?q=free+crm has plenty of info but look at systems that allow plugins, have an api so that you can code client specific requirements in.

sarahk, Aug 20, 2018 IP