1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website is loading slow

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by alex paul, Aug 17, 2018.

I have some issues regarding my hosting and now I need to move my site to another host. I have seen several hosting providers as I have chosen the WordPress Managed hosting for my website. Do anyone knows about this hosting provider?

alex paul, Aug 17, 2018 IP
  2. Eliss

Eliss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you have preferences where the host is located or any other requirements? I also had problems with my sites speed, but since I moved to BGOcloud everything is fine. Their WordPress hosting plans include solid-state drives, content delivery network and other features which help improving the overall speed and performance of a website.

Eliss, Aug 17, 2018 IP
  3. alex paul

alex paul Peon

Best Answers:
    I have done all the changes with my site to improve the speed but I think it's a server error that's why I am thinking to shfit Managed WordPress hosting

alex paul, Aug 17, 2018 IP
  4. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can check your Website loading speed using GT Matrix tool.If you are sure the website is optimized then you can change to VPS or Cloud Server

hostechsupport, Aug 17, 2018 IP
  5. dts-net

dts-net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    providers offer for free in most cases services like cloudflare this will speed up your web site also make sure the provider on a fast run new servers and ssd drives and ddr4 ram and make sure it not a provider that over loading servers with accounts

dts-net, Aug 17, 2018 IP
  6. unisecureus

unisecureus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can increase the storage of your website or upgrade the wordpress version and plugins.. may this can be issue.. check it first.. and if you are looking for an other server hosting hosting providers then check on google. there are lot of options are available location wise and please dont forget to check the company reviews as well before taking and final decision.

unisecureus, Aug 30, 2018 IP
  7. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You have not allowed us to visit your website, but my guess is that since you are using Turdpress, you have a bloated site. Most likely you have way too much code for too little output. I suspect that you have dozens of Javascript files, dozens of CSS files, and way too many bloated images. If so, that is the main reason your site loads slowly. Moving to another server may or may not speed things up since you are using a bandaid when you really need surgery.

You should NEVER need more than ONE Javascript file and ONE CSS file on any single page. Every unneeded file slows down the page because the server and your computer need to verify, then download that file. Handshaking can slow load times to a crawl. Too many and/or gigantic images are also CPU hogs slowing things down.

I suggest that you fix the issues causing the slowness instead of changing hosts. Blaming the hosts for a slow website generally does not make any sense.

mmerlinn, Sep 1, 2018 IP
  8. Ron Peters

Ron Peters Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can increase your web hosting speed in many ways

Minimize Http Requests
    Minify and combine files
    Use asynchronous loading for CSS and Javascript files
    Defer Javascript Loading
    Reduce Server response time
    Choose the right hosting option for your needs
    Enable Compression
    Enable browser caching
    Reduce image sizes
    Use a CDN

Regards,
    Ron Peters
    Developer | QuickBooks Cloud Hosting Expert

Ron Peters, Aug 30, 2019 IP
  9. SolidBriks

SolidBriks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Web Hosting can help you to increase your website loading speed but don't forget that is not the only factor which slows down your loading speed. As I can not see your website to analyze, I would recommend you to check your website speed with these free tools..

https://gtmetrix.com
    https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
    Code (markup):
    Then decide if you really need to change your current hosting provider.

SolidBriks, Sep 2, 2019 IP
  10. securewebcloud

securewebcloud Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you have a lot of plugins and images then your site can slow down considerably. Wordpress makes lots of database requests, javascript and css downloads with each page load. If speed is what you require, try using a minimal theme, fewer images, and disable any plugins you don't actually need. Wordpress executes the code for every plugin you have active with every page load which is causing the slow loading.

securewebcloud, Sep 20, 2019 IP
  11. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I know it's an older thread, but everyone forgets that spammers can totally bog your site down by sending an enormous amount of requests. No matter how good your site is, if you get 50,000 - 100,000 bogus requests per day you server will be acting up throughout the day. You should've contacted your server Admin to verify whether or not you had some spam activity going on.

qwikad.com, Sep 20, 2019 IP
  12. Zone06

Zone06 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I changed hosting on one of my sites recently, I optimized the site, but it was the host. Now I have moved it, it's nice and fast, and it's also cheaper.

Zone06, Sep 21, 2019 IP
  13. LyraHosting

LyraHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    usually problem doesn't come from hosting prov. but website optimization.
    I've used their shared solution some years ago, no prob

LyraHosting, Oct 3, 2019 IP