1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This is how you flush money down the SEO toilet.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dscurlock, Jul 30, 2018.

over the last few months, I have been getting high-quality backlinks, and when I check webmaster tools, it says the site virtually has no backlinks, nothing like seeing no results, and flushing $100s of dollars down the toilet. I even have backlinks from google approved sites, and those backlinks are not showing up either.

dscurlock, Jul 30, 2018 IP
  2. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Were you buying those links?

mrb1129, Jul 30, 2018 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    of course I buy backlinks, however, they are handpicked, and it is not like there is an advertising sign on the site saying "we sell backlinks" I am very particular on which sites I choose to get backlinks, however, it is possible that google may not show them in WMT for some reason, even though there are no backlinks showing in WMT, I have other sources that show that I have a few 100 backlinks. Has google decided not to show links in WMT? or maybe backlinks take longer to appear in WMT these days. IMO, all my backlinks get indexed.

dscurlock, Jul 31, 2018 IP
  4. mrb1129

Best Answers:
    Google should be showing your backlinks. Have you tried contacting them through the product support forum?

mrb1129, Jul 31, 2018 IP
  5. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    now I am seeing 7 backlinks, most of them are lower quality backlinks that are not on my list, one backlink is on my list which I got months ago, other than not a lot of backlinks, everything else looks normal, traffic appears to be increasing, pages are indexed, google appears to be crawling 200-500 per day, when I decrease posting, crawls go down, when I increase posting, crawls go up, etc...I have noticed when I do a search like site:domain.com sometimes it shows 400 results, and other times it shows 1300+ results.

dscurlock, Aug 1, 2018 IP
  6. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Buying links to increase pagerank is a no-no in Google's guidelines. They define it as a "link scheme."

Jim4767, Aug 1, 2018 IP
  7. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    cool.
    so, you dont know either...

dscurlock, Aug 1, 2018 IP
  8. mrb1129

Best Answers:
    Most of the sites on the internet are based on bought links.

mrb1129, Aug 1, 2018 IP
  9. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    Even google approved news sites sell backlinks.
    There is a right and wrong way to buying/selling backlinks...
    and your competitors do not care if you are following google guidelines.

dscurlock, Aug 2, 2018 IP
  10. mrb1129

Best Answers:
    Here is what happened to me. We build two very good links for a client site. But the links weren't visible in SEMrush tool nor on WMT of the client. It stayed that way for almost two months. The client contacted us that why the links arn't visible. So, we clicked on the links to check whether or not there is any problem in url structure, we just went from the host page to the client's referred page through the link and wonder happened. The links appeared on WMT and on SEMrush the very next day.

mrb1129, Aug 2, 2018 IP
  11. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I will give that a try on one of the indexed pages, and see if that works.

Thanks

dscurlock, Aug 2, 2018 IP
  12. Jim Catanich

Jim Catanich Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When you use a link building services, they show you the Domain Influence Score for the domain. It's always very high. However, when your link does show up, it shows the Page Influence Score. Again, you need to check how many other links are on that page because that will also reduce the influence being passed to you.

Also, it will take Google months to index all the web pages that linked to you. So it takes time.

Also, there is a scam many of the services use. Your link is placed on a page that is not connected back to the primary domain (i.e. a broken line or an orphan page).

If I were you, I would ask for my money back and if they don't give it to you. Tell us who it is by name and url. Getting a bad rep will end the games.

Jim Catanich, Aug 3, 2018 IP
  13. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    It is rare that I will use a "link building service" unless I just want diverse my link portfolio, however, I do not seem to have a link portfolio since the links I am getting are not showing up. I got another backlink yesterday from a google approved news site, and it was indexed almost immediately, again, not showing in WMT, keep in mind, I have been doing this for several months now, so you would think that the links I am getting should be showing up by now, as for the pages, I am the only backlink in the content, and most of the time, the content is indexed in a few days, however, there have been a few that have taken 1-2 weeks to index, and Google approved sites get indexed right away.

There is one thing I should mention. The homepage is set to no-index, however, I am not sure why this would matter or prevent backlinks from appearing in WMT, and from other sub-domains that are set to index, by now, the homepage, and sub-domains have multiple backlinks, from multiple sources, using random anchor text so not to over-optimize keywords.

When I first started getting backlinks, a few of them were sape backlinks, which increased my trustflow quite rapidly, even though I still have trust flow, those sape backlinks are not in WMT either. I just dont get it...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    dscurlock, Aug 3, 2018 IP
  14. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of opinions here, which is part of why I enjoy this forum. Here's Google's opinion (actually, their written guidelines) on link buying:

“Any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site's ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This includes any behavior that manipulates links to your site or outgoing links from your site.

The following are examples of link schemes which can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results:

• Buying or selling links that pass PageRank. This includes exchanging money for links, or posts that contain links; exchanging goods or services for links; or sending someone a “free” product in exchange for them writing about it and including a link…”
    I'm well aware that webmasters are buying links all over the internet. That's their choice and their prerogative. For what it's worth, Google in their guidelines frowns on it and calls it a "link scheme and a violation."

The Google guidelines are here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356?hl=en

Jim4767, Aug 3, 2018 IP