1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Verification Nightmare

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by EmpireExchange, Jul 25, 2018.

I have a Shopify store that I'm trying to list on the marketplace here. I spent a good 50 minutes making the post and upgrading my paypal and now I have to verify the domain by adding a file (which only saves as a chrome html document) that shows this string of text: digitalpoint-site-verify:fa6521b5e6973f6efe5271b9b6f4d331
    I'm 100% clueless on how to add this to my site and cannot find any resources on the forums.
    Could someone explain how to do this?

EmpireExchange, Jul 25, 2018 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I'm aware you just upload it via ftp to the root or public_html folder of your site.
    Not sure if you have access to that with shopify, never used it, if not you probably won't be able to sell it here.

malky66, Jul 25, 2018 IP
  3. EmpireExchange

EmpireExchange Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So I've confirmed with Shopify support that uploading a file and adding to DNS records is not possible through Shopify. Therefore no Shopify stores can be sold in the marketplace. Tragic.

EmpireExchange, Jul 25, 2018 IP
  4. Cameron Fillers

Cameron Fillers Member

Best Answers:
    You could use a proxy domain to potentially perform the transaction. Domain names cost 10 dollars a year, generally, so if you wanted to, just buy a domain for the purpose of providing you own the domain, and sell that domain as part of a bundle. They get the domain AND the shopify store.

If you already have an active domain, and a cpanel account, you could just do shoppify.domain.tld, and add place the file on there to make it active, and then use an .htaccess rule to forward all traffic that hits that domain to your shoppify store.

Cameron Fillers, Jul 27, 2018 IP
  5. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can't sell your shopify store here

robyries, Jul 27, 2018 IP
  6. Cameron Fillers

Cameron Fillers Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like robyries knows what is up. You may have to convert your shopify store to woocommerce if you want to sell the brand.

Cameron Fillers, Jul 27, 2018 IP
  7. EmpireExchange

EmpireExchange Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I appreciate everyone's insight and help!

EmpireExchange, Jul 29, 2018 IP
  8. AlexanderA1227

AlexanderA1227 Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be good if you could sell it here, but unfortunately you have to go through woocommerce or shopify. Or directly sell to someone in PM

AlexanderA1227, Jul 19, 2019 IP