1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wanting to start a gaming website with $1000

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by emega, Jul 18, 2018.

I want to start a online gaming site. If anyone has any experience with this please post to this thread. I have $1000 dollars that I am willing to invest. After this I can invest more if it becomes profitable.

emega, Jul 18, 2018 IP
  2. emega

emega Active Member

Best Answers:
    A free arcade type gaming site. No specific type of games. Just general games of all categories.

emega, Jul 19, 2018 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Before you even touch that money go through a whole heap of other arcade sites, look at what they do, what you'd do differently and think about how you would get your message out to users that you have something different & better to offer. Arcade sites used to be dime-a-dozen, probably still are. Look at all the different arcade scripts - how easy are they to use, to modify etc. Write a proper business plan or that money will slip through your fingers before you know it.

[​IMG]

sarahk, Jul 21, 2018 IP
  4. falarious

falarious Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A word of advice from someone who has been in the arcade business for 7 years.

Do not focus on flash games. Flash is dead and won't be around for much longer. I have heard that past 2020, browsers will stop supporting it.

Also, flash doesn't work on mobile and you definitely want to target this audience.

Try to get HTML5 games, or create a portal with game apps. Make sure your games work on mobile.

If you can, invest in creating your own game and then publish it everywhere.

Have fun.

falarious, Jul 22, 2018 IP
    sarahk likes this.