1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying English Long-Term Writers Needed

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Gerhard Homveld, Jul 9, 2018.

Open positions for writers - English. Native and non-native welcome to apply. I am looking for writers I can easily work with over the long-term - not someone just looking to make a quick buck.

Please, no time wasters.

I will require anyone interested to complete a sample article. This article will help me determine if your writing style is what my clients are looking for.

Writers should be able to do around 4,000 words per day. NO PLAGIARISM.

Pay rate will be between $4 and $5 per 1,000 words.

I'm not looking for the best writers. I'm willing to give the inexperienced an opportunity here, but you need to be serious about applying and I need to be able to communicate with you easily.

If you are interested, send me a message and I'll send you instructions to do a sample for me. We will then talk business from there on.

Looking forward to some applications :)

Gerhard Homveld, Jul 9, 2018 IP
  2. DuneDreamer

DuneDreamer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can read you someone else's article for $5 if I'm not busy and have nothing else to do.

DuneDreamer, Jul 12, 2018 IP
    wco, sarahk, mmerlinn and 2 others like this.
  3. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Seems about right. From the way you worded your alluring invitation, it sounds like you've hired people at this price range before and experienced poor communication, copied content and poor content altogether.

Don't worry, no one contacting you is going to be looking to make beer money. I guess people who drink really cheap $1 beer cans from the local gas station might but other than that, I doubt it.

Does anyone ever wonder what people are doing with this content? Are they expecting rushed out nonsense to topple search engine listings or something? I never understand what people are hoping to accomplish with content like this.

coreygeer, Jul 13, 2018 IP
    wco, mmerlinn and Maershon like this.
  4. Kenya Writer

Kenya Writer Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is the kind of rambling I do not expect on Digital Point Forum.

We are in 2018, why are you dragging us back to 2008? And even back then content wasn't really this cheap.

Kenya Writer, Jul 17, 2018 IP
    WebBuddy likes this.
  5. raketeer_mom

raketeer_mom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Plus one for you girl. Back in 2008 $.03/word was the starting rate for non native English writers.

raketeer_mom, Jul 25, 2018 IP
  6. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Getting work from here at even $.02/word is seemingly impossible now. The second you mention anything above $1/100 words, people think you're expensive and they expect academic standards of quality for less. It's sad to see the deprecated state of appreciation for writers and content today.

coreygeer, Jul 30, 2018 IP
    Neeni86 likes this.
  7. MHamal

MHamal Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What the hell are these rates here? I'm mainly a translator and getting AT LEAST $0.06 per word for TRANSLATION, which is much easier and faster than content creation!!!

MHamal, Aug 5, 2018 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Truly shameful that you would accept such rates. Before I sold my small translation service I never accepted less than $0.10 per word and sometimes received as much as $0.14 per word. Even with those rates I usually had more work thrown at me than we could do, and often parcelled out work to others.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 5, 2018 IP
  9. MHamal

MHamal Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well. Good for you. With those rates I would make $200K a year working ALONE. Not sure how you've managed to get such high rates...

MHamal, Aug 5, 2018 IP
  10. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It is quite SIMPLE. She provided QUALITY and SERVICE to people WILLING to pay for them.

If you want to get a good rate of pay, all you need to do is to provide QUALITY and SERVICE. Once the word gets out, you will NEVER need to worry about lack of work at YOUR price.

mmerlinn, Aug 5, 2018 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And I also would have had to put in 16 hour days which I refused to do. There were 3 of us in my business so it was all divided. My rates were and are competitive where I live. In 3rd world countries where I suppose you live in, it's a different situation.
    (French to English-English to French/Government contracts/business contracts etc.)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Spoiltdiva, Aug 5, 2018 IP
  12. MHamal

MHamal Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well no, I do not live in a 3rd world country. I live in Finland... I'm doing around 120 hours/month and still making €80K a year. So I bet you were close to becoming a millionaire with a team and your rates ;) I accept any tips on where to get that high paying customers!

MHamal, Aug 5, 2018 IP
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "A millionaire"....."$200,000 K per year" your math is over the top. As to tips I was working for many years for an advertising firm as well as having my translating service. It's called multi tasking, and from this I came into contacts and contracts. Try being proactive instead of sitting on your a.. and maybe you can start making some $$$.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 6, 2018 IP
  14. MHamal

MHamal Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Umm. As I said, I'm getting $0.06 per word right now, and still going to make close to 100K this year. How is 200K over the top, if I had your rates which are over 2 times my rates?
    And don't you think 100K a year is making $$$? You're just mad you had such ridiculously high rates and still got nothing to yourself. Means you're just bad at doing business ;)

MHamal, Aug 6, 2018 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If this is an example of the quality of your English, you won't be getting any work from clients from this site. Tu es un homme tres stupide.(Olet tyhma mies)

16. MHamal

MHamal Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What was wrong with my English in that one? And I've never said I do the content writing myself... By the way, your Finnish sucks, too, so up yours. Do you get some satisfaction from bashing other people on the internet, when the original post had nothing to do with you? Are you retarded or something?

MHamal, Aug 6, 2018 IP
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    In post #7 you "bashed" the rates, then I questioned yours. Seems that while you can give it, you can't take it. As to the quality of your English, if you can't even see the mistakes then that is problematic. Over and out and my apologies to the OP.

18. MHamal

MHamal Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Of course I'm gonna bash a rate of $0.01 per word! That's slavery right there. And please point out my mistakes in that sentence. There's no errors there. Maybe you're just too simple to understand English yourself.

MHamal, Aug 6, 2018 IP
  19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "Still got nothing to yourself" should be "Still have nothing to yourself". Out of respect to the OP send me a PM if you wish to continue this conversation.

20. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Back in 2008, the typical rates here (and they were the lowest for DP) were $5 per 500 words. The marketplace isn't the same place now.

WebBuddy, Aug 13, 2018 IP