1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Popular Social Startup - 1,200 UV's/Month - BIG Potential (Serious Buyers Only)

Discussion in 'Sites' started by ashfield212, Sep 17, 2017.

** SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY PLEASE **

Hello there,

After much deliberation (and no doubt regret at some stage), I'd like to offload an exciting startup project of mine I initially began design work on around two years ago. To date I've spent approximately £4,500 on professional development (invoices available) - you will not find this anywhere else; it is not a "script" or cookie-cutter template designed for mass market.

What is Fancie.me?

Fancie.me is a simple but fun platform whereby users are encouraged to briefly describe a past or present crush with the ultimate aim of allowing friends (or even the crush) to guess the identity through the means of questioning and investigative techniques before the timer expires.

Website Features:

* Developed from the ground-up using Laravel 5.4 and Bootstrap for responsive design.
    * User sign-up system is currently managed exclusively through Facebook Web SDKs to allow for quick, easy registration and user management.
    * Listings from Facebook friends are automatically loaded upon registration (again via Facebook SDK implementation).
    * Currently utilizing MailGun API as an Email service provider (for user notifications)
    * Banner/Advertisement system with option to include 3 sizes of banner depending on screen resolution (for mobile devices).
    * User and listing report (moderation) system.
    * User "share" prompts encourage sharing via Facebook to significantly assist with the viral nature of the app (once traffic starts flowing).

There's a ton of features I haven't listed, both via the front AND back-end. The aforementioned are essentially highlights. A lot of time went into bug and glitch testing to ensure a smooth user experience. Some aspects of the project are a little basic (such as user profile) but could quite easily be developed further. It is currently hosted and running on a DigitalOcean droplet (cloud based VPS).

Potential

My target audience from day one was the teenage audience, especially as crushes within school and college is largely the topic of conversation with most teens. Whilst there are some websites and Facebook apps that claim to "expose" your crush, there is currently nothing like this online that I have found, especially that allow limited direct questioning and a guess feature. For example purposes, In the US alone, there is approximately 35,731,233 teens between the age of 13-19; the target audience is vast.

Traffic

My career usually means I can work up to 10 hours per day, with what little time I do have spare and my limited marketing experience, I'm not able to attract the kind of traffic I need to get this project up-and-running.

I had toyed with the idea of spending a significant sum of money on marketing, however with my knowledge on paid advertising again limited, I fear it will be a case of me throwing a way a huge chunk of change with little return.

Why the price tag?

I've spent approximately £4,500 ($6,000) on development, with invoices available for proof. Whilst I realize I am not going to recoup the total costs without traffic and revenue, I believe my evaluation is fair based purely on the amount of time, effort and development expertise plowed into this project thus far.

Who I'm Looking For

I am in absolutely no rush to sell this on. I'm not interested in ridiculous offers, swaps or a percentage of the asking price. I'm looking for a serious buyer who has experience in taking social applications from development to successful communities. As I've said previously, this is a unique project you will not find elsewhere, with the amount of time invested into it I'd like to see it in good hands.

How is it monetized?

Whilst not currently monetized, a banner/advertising system is in-place featuring responsive sizing (to adjust banner size for screen resolution).

Does this site come with any social media accounts?
    Yes, a Facebook and Twitter account.

How much time does this site take to run?
    In it's current state, no time at all. Once traffic is flowing, please assume you will need time for user moderation and answering potential support requests.

Ownership Transfer

I am not a huge fan of PayPal, which is why for a sale this large, unless precautions are in place I'd prefer to use an Escrow based system. The website is currently running on a DigitalOcean droplet ($25/month), this will allow for an easy exchange in account and file ownership. Domain is with NameCheap, again, allowing for easy transfer.

Thank you for taking the time to browse through this post. Naturally I am very open to questions, please feel free to get in-touch.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ashfield212, Sep 17, 2017 IP
  2. ashfield212

ashfield212 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's a few images of the application for those who are interested.

https://imgur.com/a/sqXZ9

ashfield212, Sep 17, 2017 IP
  3. ashfield212

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Updated Website Album: https://imgur.com/a/6zt1uLT

ashfield212, Jul 13, 2018 IP
  4. ashfield212

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Although previously stated I am not a fan of PayPal, I am open to use it for trusted members - thanks!

ashfield212, Jul 13, 2018 IP
  5. ashfield212

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's been a while since I originally posted this, so here are the updated statistics for the website WITH TRAFFIC - growing organically.

- Members: 2,300+
    - Total Crushes: 500+
    - Total Questions: 894+
    - Instagram: 4,500+ followers (High engagement)
    - Traffic: 1,200+ Unique Visitors/month

ashfield212, Jul 14, 2018 IP
  6. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    The project is surely promising.
    However there are few concerns regarding the traffic quality (Almost 96% bounce rate and 3 sec avg visit duration).

On the contrary based on your website theme, those two traffic metrics should been different. Can you explain why is this?

seo_buzz, Jul 15, 2018 IP
  7. ashfield212

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there!

The traffic metrics provided are for the opening landing page when first visiting the website. As you can see, this consists of a simple log-in button whereby non-logged in users are presented upon visiting the site. The bounce rate is high and average visit duration is low because folks are simply logging in - hope that helps!

Thanks.

ashfield212, Jul 15, 2018 IP
  8. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    89.5% - 17
    Great project!
    Well done.

mytechiestuff, Jul 15, 2018 IP