1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback for design page

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Shazz, Jul 11, 2018.

Shazz, Jul 11, 2018 IP
  2. Arun Balasubramaniam

Arun Balasubramaniam Member

Best Answers:
    Hi shazz,
    Your Web page structure is good.
    Kindly concentrate on font styles.
    I would like to suggest to focus on the relavent images for services mentioned.
    In mobile view, you can hide few images. It helps to improve user experience.

Hope this feedback is useful:)

Arun Balasubramaniam, Jul 11, 2018 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Artsy parallax scrolling nonsense that no matter how hot and trendy it is right now, more often than not is just used to cover up for a lack of content. Dubious colour contrast and legibility where transparencies are used, effectively invisible cyan on grey combination in footer, alternating left/right "stock photo" design methodology that forces the site owner to develop content to fit the layout instead of having a layout that fits the content, and a layout that is fragile and badly broken on responsiveness and for users of non-standard font metrics. Likewise the 'thin glyph' font choice tells a lot of Windows cleartype users to sod off as well... bet it looks really good on a Mac though where good fonts look like blurry crap but garbage like Raleway looks normal -- or... what is that? Lato? Yeah, that...

Since once you set font-size:14px on BODY you've pretty much told users with accessibility needs to go f*** themselves.

Popping the bonnet to have a look at the code, and... well... it's the typical train wreck of developer ineptitude and ignorance I've come to expect from Bootcrap. Viewport meta telling mobile users they can't zoom, Presentational classes, little to no logical document structure, JavaScript doing CSS' job, no media targets on the stylesheet links, endless pointless presentational classes, DIV for nothing, no associations between labels and inputs (aka "for" attributes pointing at "id"s), incomplete forms. Gibberish mish-mash use of numbered heading methodologies, numbered headings where inappropriate, clearfix like it's still 2003, load blocking analytics script in the <head>, etc, etc...

Oh and your logo anchor is not just invalid markup, it's also semantic gibberish.

Not really a surprise it's blowing 11k of markup on delivering 3.8k of plaintext -- about twice what's needed. Much less the endless horde of scripttardery that given what the page is doing likely shouldn't even warrant the presence of JavaScript.

But that's the mentally enfeebled train wreck laundry list of how NOT to write HTML or CSS that is bootcrap. The ONLY thing it can teach you is how NOT to build websites.

-- edit --

there's also nothing to indicate that the user should "swipe left" to reveal that section of text. That reeks of content cloaking and could get pages using this slapped down by search. Lands sake, just show the bloody text! Likewise that saying it twice nonsense (again I smell bootcrap at work) could also get pages slapped down by search for "duplicate content".

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    deathshadow, Jul 13, 2018 IP
    Shazz and kk5st like this.
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    First impressions count. My first impression tells me to leave and never come back. If this page is an example of your work, then there is no way I would even think of hiring you to do anything.

Short list of problems on landing page:

1) No visible way to go to other pages on the site without FIRST scrolling down to HUNT for links. Piss poor design.

2) Overlapping content.

3) Too much 'flash' and no substance - Artsy fartsy in @deathshadow terminology.

4) No visible webform at the bottom although the SUBMIT button is there.

Did not visit any other page. No point. If the landing page is so bad that I want to leave, I see no reason to punish myself even more on other pages.

Did not pop the hood for much the same reason. Why waste time looking at code that is obviously very bad.

Looks horrible on Mac as well as this Dell.

mmerlinn, Jul 13, 2018 IP
    kk5st likes this.
  5. mrdeath4

mrdeath4 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have some problems on mac, can't scroll the page, and when you scroll the page down - you cannot understand the structure

mrdeath4, Jul 15, 2018 IP
  6. myinternetempire

myinternetempire Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow.. What an in-depth and thoughtful critique.. And for free! That took some effort :)

I'm on a mobile device at the moment and my main feedback would be the lack of purposeful imagery.

Graphics are great, but you should tailor your graphics around your copy. For me it all starts with exceptional copy. Write copy that demands attention and evokes emotion and then compliment that copy with design elements.

It just looks too cookie cutter lacks the unique presence I'd be seeking if I wanted to hire an agency like yours.

I know this isn't technical feedback, but it's feedback nonetheless... I hope it helps buddy!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    myinternetempire, Jul 15, 2018 IP
    kk5st likes this.
  7. aa kafy

aa kafy Banned

Best Answers:
    Very nice shazz

aa kafy, Jul 16, 2018 IP