1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I Invest Into A Copywritting course? Is Copywritting Really That Important?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Larry Thibodeaux, Jun 25, 2018.

I know the basic things there is to know about copywriting. But I don't know if I should buy a course on it. I don't see it as being that important. I'm just curious on what you guys think before I make a decision.

Larry Thibodeaux, Jun 25, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You have an advantage of being American but the disadvantage of their cost of living. Without qualifications, you'll be starting on the bottom rung and the pay rate will be excruciatingly low.
    Do you have any tertiary education in technical writing or journalism?
    Can you share some articles you've written for your blog or another site that we can use as an example?
    Are you hoping this will become a full-time career? self-employed? working for an agency?

sarahk, Jun 25, 2018 IP
  3. Larry Thibodeaux

Larry Thibodeaux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I dont have and education in writing or journalism. I'm just wondering if I would get a higher conversion rate on my website if I improve my copywriting.

Larry Thibodeaux, Jun 25, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Probably but authenticity matters more. I can handle poor writing if the article is well researched and the author is clearly experienced in that field.

sarahk, Jun 25, 2018 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You could always just claim that you are a copywriter like 50% of the fakes on this site, and save yourself a pile of money.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 26, 2018 IP
  6. Angeline Cashman

Angeline Cashman Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that you should buying a course. There is so much information in the internet where you can find everything you interested in, so you can improve your skills by yourself, you needn't spend money for that.

Angeline Cashman, Jun 26, 2018 IP
  7. Larry Thibodeaux

Best Answers:
    yeah you're right

Larry Thibodeaux, Jun 26, 2018 IP
  8. Navea

Navea Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am sorry but I will say otherwise based on my opinion and experience.

True, you will find all the information in the Internet. But buying a course is not just for the information. Information alone will NOT help you attain your goals FAST. Self-study is not easy, you must be determined and self-disciplined. You will commit a lot of mistakes which you could avoid if someone is mentoring you.

When you buy a course from someone, you're NOT only buying the information. You are also buying connections. Depending on the course and the credibility of the seller selling the course, you will get more benefits than what you paid for.

I have bought courses online, if the course I bought is BAD or if the seller does not provide support, I ask for a refund. Take note I stay away from courses WITHOUT a money back guarantee.

For the good courses I bought, I really appreciate them. I've been mentored well, been part of their private group and you will really feel that you are being guided.

They will also introduce you to other people who will help you succeed faster; getting that first client and making that first dollar.

Copywriting is important. It's what drives sales. Sales pages are all works of copywriting. The only catch is you must be passionate about writing. If you're not passionate about writing then seek another interest.

There's a lot of copywriting courses online. Just google it and use your judgement if they will meet your expectations and remember, always go for the ones that give 30 day money back guarantee.

Goodluck!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    Navea, Jun 26, 2018 IP
  9. Larry Thibodeaux

Best Answers:
    Thanks ill have to keep that in mind.

Larry Thibodeaux, Jun 26, 2018 IP