1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook for Business

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by phplduser, Jun 14, 2018.

Hi All,

Does facebook let you setup an account under a business rather than personal then adding a page?

Best Regards

phplduser, Jun 14, 2018 IP
  2. JM0n3y

JM0n3y Member

Best Answers:
    I think you must have a personal Facebook account before you can create a page for your business or anything else along those lines.

JM0n3y, Jun 14, 2018 IP
  3. Bob Reed

Bob Reed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I also already tried to deal with this issue and in the end it really turned out that for a business page you first need to create a personal one.

Bob Reed, Aug 2, 2018 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    JoeSpirit, Aug 2, 2018 IP
  5. Joy Ana

Joy Ana Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should have an account then a page, this is how I was able to do mine.

Joy Ana, Aug 2, 2018 IP
  6. Bhupati Barman

Bhupati Barman Member

Best Answers:
    It's not hard work just login in your FB account and creates your FB business.

Bhupati Barman, Aug 18, 2018 IP
  7. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it private from friends on your personal account? I want to create a couple pages but I don't want my personal friends to see that I even created the page. Is this possible?

cronik, Nov 24, 2018 IP
  8. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Personally if there was a question as to whether or not I'd create a page that I didn't want my friends to see the answer would be a definite no.

JoeSpirit, Nov 25, 2018 IP
  9. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i think you can create a personal business acount in your personal account

Spartan14, Nov 25, 2018 IP
  10. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just want to keep it separate, 100%, as much as possible. Can't answer the question, then why respond to me.

cronik, Nov 25, 2018 IP
  11. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can create a page and then add a group to support the page. Of course like said above, you need to have a regular fb account before you start those two things. --- I am pretty sure. I just created a page a few weeks ago - I am the admin, obviously, and then fb prompted me to create a group to support the page. It's still early days on that project. :D

Karen May Jones, Nov 25, 2018 IP
  12. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I have both a business group and a fan page. Both are connected to my personal account. You must have a personal account before you can create business pages. Posts on those pages sometimes appear in my personal timeline.

I haven't seen a way to hide business pages from a personal timeline.

JoeSpirit, Nov 26, 2018 IP
    Karen May Jones likes this.
  13. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Earlier you could create an account with the same name as your business page. But sometime back Facebook changed its policies due to which you no more can have an account and a business page with the same name.
    If you have already created in the past, you will be asked to change your account name.
    Its suggested that you create a separate profile with a real/pseudo name and then create your business page.

MilesWeb, Nov 27, 2018 IP
  14. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    According to FB TOC your account must be under a real name.

Personalities seem to be able to have two accounts as their stage names are apparently acknowledged as being identifiable to them. (At least that's the way I understand it.)

I do know of one ex-football player who goes by a nickname for his business persona and had an account in the name of that persona. FB shut his account down when they found out it wasn't under his real name. The account was for business only and the shut down did cause him some major pain. He did create a new account under his new name but he had to rebuild everything.

You can open an account in an assumed name and get away with it for a while but once FB finds out they'll shut the account down. I've heard of this happening a number of times although I'm only personally familiar with the ex-football player.

JoeSpirit, Nov 28, 2018 IP
  15. PinterestUsers?

PinterestUsers? Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Facebook will ban you if they notice your doing that. They usually don't allow it..

PinterestUsers?, Nov 30, 2018 IP
  16. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    Setup a second account under another username. Yes, it's against TOS. And yes... every single admin of a major page has at least 2 backup accounts.

You use your account to be active on FB publicly and you only use the backup account to run the pages. Make sure the backup account profile never does anything public facing and is absolutely locked down on security.

VacationCrasher, Dec 30, 2018 IP