1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug Signature Not Showing

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by seoauthority, Jun 9, 2018.

Hi - not sure if there are issues with graphics in signatures i should be aware of, because I'm not aware of them, or links, buy my signature is not showing at all.

Any help?

seoauthority, Jun 9, 2018 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's showing for me:
    screenshot-forums.digitalpoint.com-2018.06.09-21-32-02.png

Have you unchecked the "show signature" box in your profile settings?

screenshot-forums.digitalpoint.com-2018.06.09-21-34-02.png

malky66, Jun 9, 2018 IP
  3. seoauthority

seoauthority Member

Best Answers:
    hi i replaced it with text, but the image isn't showing - i am not allowed to have images in my signature?

seoauthority, Jun 9, 2018 IP
  4. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know, it is not possible to have image/animation in Signature, not even for premium member (which I believe is good rule.). You must have mistaken this forum with another forum.

Having image or animation in signature is very bad decision and I have read somewhere in this forum if the decision not to allow image or animation in signature are:
    1. To keep the forum loading as fast as possible for everyone. Even small image or signature could slowing down loading speed. Imagine lots of small images and animations in signature which have to be loaded by browser just to render the page. User with slow connection and limited internet quote would be unhappy to load unuseful resources.
    2. Having image or animation in signature will only distract reader from reading the post/content. Imagine blinking animation and colorful image under each post that is more attractive than the post itself? What really matter is content in each post and any distraction should be removed.
    3. This forum is better without image or animation in signature. In other words, image or animation in signature is not a priority. Image or animation in signature will make the forum look unprofessional.
    4. Only established user given special 'privileges' to have signatures. Even premium member have to be established first to be able to have that signatures. Allowed signatures are text and hyperlink text (no image or animation)
    *What I have written above is available in HELP section of this forum (some of them are based on conversations or 'my habit to read post in various places').

For anyone who think it is good idea to use signature just to drive traffic or SEO purposes, actually there are much better idea to drive traffic and increase ranking. Using signature just for that purposes are 'somewhat not good idea', especially after lots of update in the Search Engine Ranking Algorythm.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Arick unirow, Jun 9, 2018 IP
  5. seoauthority

seoauthority Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not using the signature for SEO purposes. It's to drive real traffic to the service I'm offering. A bit like that SEM Rush banner there.

Thanks for clarifying.

seoauthority, Jun 10, 2018 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Correct... you can't have an image in your signature... just in case that wasn't already clear.

digitalpoint, Jun 12, 2018 IP