1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My eBay Flipping Journey | $79 ---> $10,000 | Follow along!

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Megabyter, Jun 4, 2018.

[​IMG]

Start Amount:$79
    Current Amount:$ CHECK LATEST UPDATE REPLY

--------------------
    Start Date: May 11th, 2018
    Latest Update: June 4th, 2018
    --------------------

READ THIS FIRST:There are too many people on forums and friends in real life who complain about not having enough money to start anything. Well I've been flipping on the internet for years now and I'm gunna show you how its possible. Plus I love "intrepreneuring" with a passion so this will be an awesome weekend project that I will update you guys on every few days on. I won't stop updating until I turn this $79 to $10,000+. Enjoy :)

So on May 25th, 2018 - I put $79 Into a PayPal account I designated for this journey:
    [​IMG]

After funding my PP account, I sought out to use my $79 for a "Safe-bet" product to get started, since I am a bit rusty.

I went over to the jewelry section on AliExpress and quickly found my first product:
    **note I used my self-developed method for product research to make sure the demand is perfect** :)

[​IMG]

What I look for when choosing a supplier:
    • 4+ Star rating as seen above.
    • A LOT of orders (proves there is demand) [as seen above]
    • The following text under 'shipping' -----> "Free Shipping to United States via Seller's Shipping Method"
    (while free shipping is great, I was too eager to start and paid $15 to the seller for express shipping and got it very quick)

So my costs so far for this first product:
    • $15 express shipping
    • $15.40 for (11 pieces @ $1.40 each)
    TOTAL: $30.40 (close to half my money, didn't want to go all in just in case)​
    MY FIRST SALE:
    [​IMG]

About 15 days went by and all 11 eventually sold, at different prices, but mostly on average at $13 each.
    [​IMG]

So first 'test-run' product FINISHED!
    However.. I found that there isn't much demand, as this seems like a seasonal product that peaks around christmas.
    Margins were great, but I won't be re-ordering, on to the next!

15 days in, more than doubled my money with about 2 hours of work for those 15 days.

CURRENT BALANCE: $176.78

Stay tuned! & Leave a comment if you want to see me continue this series and keep updating!
    Follow the journey, get pumped, get motivated & Lets all make money!
    -------------------------

Megabyter, Jun 4, 2018 IP
    robyries likes this.
  2. TheRevenant

TheRevenant Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Megabyter, in the first place thanks very much for this post.

The idea seem incredible and I will follow you with great pleasure during your journey. It seems you clearly understood how eBay was working. In our case, we have watches and we do not know how to sell them. We have tried eBay but without success. eBay seems a science on its own and difficult to learn. We would like to follow your trip simultaneously.

Do you think we could sell the watches on e-bay too? What is the trick to eBay? How could we get started?

Regards
    Eduardo

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2018
    TheRevenant, Jun 5, 2018 IP
  3. Megabyter

Megabyter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Eduardo I am glad you enjoy my post and will follow along:) --
    I have checked out your website and your watches look very appealing. However, on eBay, people mostly search for brands they know, (i.e: "quartz watch men") So it is probably tough to break through, for your case, I don't think eBay is the channel to use, I reccomend setting up good Facebook Ads that lead to your website, and selling them on amazon also, on Amazon you can Advertise on certain keywords even "Quartz watch men" so that way, people looking up quartz watches can see your ad and be intrigued and buy it.

UPDATE #2
    So soon after I posted this thread, I looked into dropshipping via Amz, few quick searches and I found a product with a great margin.
    I hadn't done this so I was unsure but its easier than it looks, Just have to know a few important things.

Anyway here is the products price on Amz:
    [​IMG]

So I listed it at $138 since ebay's cut would be $13 or so, and I don't need to bare any shipping fees since its D-shipped, its good margins.
    1-2 hours later...I come back and sold TWO! :
    [​IMG]

So lets break down the revenue:
    TOTAL SALES: $276.00
    • Two products bought from amz: : $176.00
    • EBay Fees: $33.12

TOTAL PROFIT: $67
    ------------------------------------
    NEW RUNNING TOTAL: $255!
    ------------------------------------

I really enjoy doing this! I hope many people learn from my journey and lets all get
    motivated and make money!

Megabyter, Jun 5, 2018 IP
  4. MArki

MArki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cool! I'm following :)

MArki, Jun 5, 2018 IP
  5. Megabyter

Megabyter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    UPDATE #3

So.... I have ordered a new product in bulk from Aliexpress, but while I'm waiting for it to come, I decided to try something new and hit up craigslist and pick up some local deals to resell on eBay! No time wasted!

1. First I went to 'toys and games' and found some good stuff. Saw someone selling Bicycle card decks for $1 a piece so I picked up the 5 decks that he had for $5.00!:
    [​IMG]

Bundled the 5-pack in one listing for $43.94 and sold pretty quick:
    [​IMG]

Then I found a gold mine on craigslist! A lego star wars pack, don't know much about these but the margin was crazy!

Picked it up right down the street from me for $85 :

[​IMG]

RESOLD IT FOR MORE THAN DOUBLE! :
    [​IMG]

Revenue Breakdown:
    Cost for decks and Starwars toy: $5 + $85

Total Sales: $182+$43
    eBay's Cut: $27
    Shipping cost for both: $11
    Cost of Goods $90
    TOTAL PROFIT: $97!

Never had tried flipping on craigslist to eBay but its a goldmine! My 2nd product from Aliexpress should be coming in the next two days or so. Stay tuned!

NEW RUNNING TOTAL: $352!

Man this is fun. We've already come such a long way! Let me know if you are enjoying this thread and If I can improve it in some way!

Megabyter, Jun 6, 2018 IP
  6. TheRevenant

TheRevenant Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to acknowledge that the Star Wars X-wing fighter was... really impressive. An absolute gold mine. This blog is really fun and I am enjoying it a lot.

The key question for me is.. how can I learn the eBay world? What tools are you using? How did you get started? is there any book, tutorial or whatever where I can learn how to corn eBay the way you do it?

TheRevenant, Jun 6, 2018 IP
  7. Megabyter

Megabyter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For me, I purchased one very info-packed eBook on eBay flipping in 2015, and that was all I needed, I will look for their website again, the guy was really knowledgable and reached out to help me via skype because I was his first client. Remind me in PM.

'PRODUCT DEMAND' RESEARCH TIP:
    When you have narrowed down a product, search it up, and on the left hand side of the results, scroll down and select "USA" for location (or your country) to make sure you aren't seeing cheap Chinese results that sell for 60% < the average price but 4x the shipping time.
    AKA US sellers only.
    ALSO,

Check the "Sold Items" Checkbox to see items that recently have sold and their sale price:

[​IMG]

Then...Click the "xxx Sold" at the top right to see the true demand:

[​IMG]

Now, is the important part.
    If it isn't a brand new product, then you will easily be able to tell the demand through their sales history.
    Do the 'Find' Command through your keyboard and search up the name of the last month that just passed. This will show you how many sales they had last month through the match counter:

[​IMG]

The rest is self-explanatory :)

Megabyter, Jun 6, 2018 IP
  8. Fugori

Fugori Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

You seem to know what you’re doing. I find this process quite interesting so you won me as a fan. When it comes to ideas and creativity we can never get enough so hey I just might learn a thing or two. Keep on posting your progress, hope you achieve your end goal!

Fugori, Jun 7, 2018 IP
  9. Megabyter

Megabyter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    UPDATE #4

So my Aliexpress product is still shipping and yet to arrive.. So I decided to go back to the Amazon to ---> Ebay method.

I listed 3-4 products that I thought we're good finds, but only two of them have been successful in the last day or two.

First, I found this Beauty/Health Product with margins that looked too good to be true, I got one sale in 4 days, and it's probably because I got lucky, doesn't look like there is too much demand. Nonetheless, still made an excellent NET. :

On Amazon, its listed at $14.98 + free shipping (because thank god for prime):

[​IMG]

I turned around and sold it on eBay for $59.98, but for whatever reason the fee was 19% this time, hmm. :

[​IMG]

Good easy flip!

---------------------------------------

Next, I found a promising product on Amazon ($9.68) that has medium ebay demand, with good margins flip-wise. :

[​IMG]

on Ebay, they are going for $16 - $29, I managed to only sell one for $24, AMAZING MARGINS! Leaving this listing up for future sales. :

[​IMG]

Revenue Breakdown:
    • Product A Cost: $14.98
    • Sold For: $59
    • eBay Fee: 19% (odd)
    Product A Profit: $32.80

Revenue Breakdown:
    • Product B Cost: $9.68 *2 ..($19.36)
    • Sold 2 For: $24 ...($48)
    • eBay Fee: 12%
    Product B Profit: $22.88

TOTAL PROFIT: $55.68

NEW RUNNING TOTAL: $407

----------------------------------
    ----------------------------------

**UPDATE WE HIT $400 already! :) These two products, since dropshipped, took a mere 15 minutes of total work, aside from the waiting to sell.
    Let me know if you're liking these updates!
    Should I keep going?

Megabyter, Jun 8, 2018 IP
  10. redoUAN12

redoUAN12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cool! I'm following

redoUAN12, Jun 10, 2018 IP
  11. Larry Thibodeaux

Larry Thibodeaux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice results, how long did it take? I'm not very familiar with ebay, care to share some tips?

Larry Thibodeaux, Jun 25, 2018 IP
  12. Mcillustartor

Mcillustartor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting!

Mcillustartor, Jul 19, 2018 IP
  13. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Question to op

When you buy that necklace BFF, you ship to your address first a whole product then start a listing on eBay and you ship to your customer separately..

Or what.

Following this thread

robyries, Jul 19, 2018 IP
  14. makingafriend

makingafriend Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great, I am doing this method also. I just don't find stuff online to flip you can go to thrift stores. I go to garage sales and just about anywhere. You have to do research to see what it is going for on eBay or other platforms. You might find something at your local Walmart on clearance that you can flip on eBay. They clearance stuff all the time you can make a lot of money with this method but you have to really work at it.

It sounds like the op is doing mostly OA but you don't have to just look online for something you can flip. You can even find stuff in your local dollar stores also. For example: I found a video game that Walmart had clearance down to $1. I flipped it on Amazon for $49 dollars because that was the going rate at the time for that particular game. You never know what items you will find to flip and make profit.

I have never brought any items off of ali express for flipping. I have heard of people having some success with it but I worry about the quality of the product you will receive or if you will get counterfeit products. I guess if you started with a small order there you can see how the product sells and if it will be profit or not. I may try this but I'm very worried about the risk of Ali express and similar sites like this.

makingafriend, Jul 25, 2018 IP