1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I include a story in all of my copywriting?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Arnold15, Mar 13, 2018.

Hey guys, I'm still relatively new to copywriting, and I really want to want to master the art to help me sell my own products and affiliate products online. I heard that storywriting is incredibly effective to get a potential customer more emotionally invested into your products; converting a desire into a need. My question is that is it essential to include at least one story to hit the pain points of your customers? And why else are stories so effective in copywriting? Is it because it sparks imagination which makes it more engaging?

Cheers.

Arnold15, Mar 13, 2018 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The job of your headline is to get the viewer to read the first line of your content. The job of the content's first line is to get the viewer to read the second line - and so on through the entirety of your content. A good story keeps the reader involved - and reading. In my opinion, the art of storytelling is important to the success of your message.

The way I read your post you seem to think you need to potentially tell multiple stories inside each marketing message. I don't personally feel that is the case. I tend to base each message on one story. That way I can create multiple messages for the product. And I don't want to confuse my reader with too much information.

I also don't try to sell the product in every message. Opinion on this varies but I normally write two high-value content pieces without an advertisement and then on the third (sometimes the fourth) I'll ask for a purchase of the product I'm writing about.

JoeSpirit, Mar 13, 2018 IP
  3. Arnold15

Arnold15 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a great way to look at templating a sales page. I'll keep this in mind thank you.

Arnold15, Mar 13, 2018 IP
  4. Pajari01

Pajari01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not only does it spark readers’ imagination, but also creates emotional connection with your content. My general advice would be – tell a story wherever you can. This kind of content is proven to be much more engaging.

Pajari01, Mar 27, 2018 IP
  5. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing wrong with that concept, and some may call that your money page vs supporting content that links back to your money pages, then on top do some on page seo, and link back to your money page, add some authority links, images, videos, and if your content is good, then you will be ready to promote your supporting pages which then will start sending link juice throughout your site, maybe even through some good backlinks on the money page also, and you will be off to the races hoping the wheels start turning.

dscurlock, Mar 27, 2018 IP
  6. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe post stories of things you observe around you and make sure to rewrite them turn the words into fictions or others will take advantage of your writings.

degreubiwa, May 9, 2018 IP
  7. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be careful writing fiction when you're trying to market a product. Truth in advertising is something well worth considering in my opinion.

JoeSpirit, May 9, 2018 IP
  8. Larry Thibodeaux

Larry Thibodeaux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would, its proven that stories conver well. But it depends on your product. If the price of your product is less than $100, then I would not include a story. But the higher the price, the more effort you will have to put into your copy writing.

Larry Thibodeaux, Jun 25, 2018 IP
  9. AnitaC

AnitaC Peon

Best Answers:
    You should absolutely incorporate storytelling in your copywriting efforts. Just as you said, to "hit the painpoints" of your potential customers. Instead of selling something, you should rather sell them a good story they can relate to, so it will be much easier to sell them the product later on. Content marketing is the present and the future of advertising.

AnitaC, Dec 3, 2018 IP
  10. Tracy Brooks

Tracy Brooks Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Tracy Brooks, Dec 14, 2018 IP
  11. Tracy Brooks

Tracy Brooks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey there.
    After writing a benefit headline, I like to roll into the copy with a mini-story. This first paragraph briefly speaks to the readers pain point -- and subtly describes how my clients product/services can help them. I've found it let's them know you "get" them. I then build a solid case (benefits...) for the clients brand. A well-written CTA at the close completes the messaging.
    Hope that helps.

Tracy Brooks, Dec 14, 2018 IP