1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Freelancer.com Ripped Me $96 Off For Projects The Employers Never Paid For

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Emmy55, Apr 13, 2018.

Hey,

I'm a newbie in Freelancer and have no much experience with them yet.
    I had a case of three employers that awarded me projects and because I had no experience, I ignorantly accept projects when they have not created milestone payments. Little did I know they have debited my account for charges on project I was not paid any money. I saw a negative balance and was thinking it was just visual, actual deduction will occur when the employers eventually paid.

So, when my account eventually received money released by paid clients I worked for, the money was deducted to offset part of the debit and I'm still owing balance.

My question is, why should Freelancer collect charges for project that was not paid for by employers and claim to be right?

The debits to my account for projects not paid for are indicated in red. screenshot.png

Emmy55, Apr 13, 2018 IP
  2. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never accept the project until they don't release the milestone. I am not sure if the freelancer team will help you. Its their policy if you accept the project you will be charged with a fee amount. You can request to freelancer if they can cancel the project and refund for the negative balance.

AlphaNine_Vini, Apr 13, 2018 IP
  3. Emmy55

Emmy55 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I will try and contact the support team if possibly I might be lucky with them.

Emmy55, Apr 13, 2018 IP
  4. RightAngle

RightAngle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just registered at freelancer as a customer, I hope things go well. I never used them but, it seems to be slim here in getting a coder to respond on digital point.

If they take long to respond I view it as they will also take long on the project. Hopefully freelancer will work for me.

I hope all goes well with you on freelancer, keep us updated on the outcome. As webmasters we need to keep up on things of this nature.

RightAngle, Apr 13, 2018 IP
  5. Emmy55

Emmy55 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will always keep everyone updated here because I'm really very upset with the loss. If I may ask, what project is that you needed to get done? I might be of help.

Emmy55, Apr 13, 2018 IP