1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scrolling not working on Chrome and Safari

Discussion in 'Programming' started by redwagon, Apr 12, 2018.

My wife and I run a small private school. The address is fairoaksacademy.com

The home page scrolls through 5 images. The scrolling works fine on Firefox. But it does not work on Chrome (pc or Mac as far as I can tell) or Safari.

The person that set up my website says he needs to reach out to some developers and get a proposal to update the code. Well, I thought he was a web developer, but maybe he is not into that so much now (site set up several years ago). Nice guy, so I'm okay with that.

I'm posting just because I would like to get a sense of whether this is could be a difficult problem to resolve, involving a lot of code revision, or should someone be able to figure things out fairly easily for this specific problem. Is there a certain type of developer I should be looking for? I'm not knowledgable in this area so looking for some advice.

Thanks.

redwagon, Apr 12, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    scrolling ok for me on Win10/Chrome

sarahk, Apr 12, 2018 IP
  3. redwagon

redwagon Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Sarah. I'm on a MAC, OS Sierra, Safari 10.1.2 and Chrome 65.0.3325.181. Doesn't scroll for me on Chrome and Safari. Other Mac people have
    told me the same. And some PC people have told me they have problems, but I don't know Windows/Chrome version. I will try to get specifics.

redwagon, Apr 12, 2018 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think by "scrolling" he means the home page slider. Indeed it works in FF but not in Chrome. Looks like it's based on fancybox slider. Sometimes updating the jquery files may do the trick. It can be a tedious job trying to get the old slider out and put something similar in. Anyone experienced in HTML/css/javascript will be able to help you, though.

On the other hand, it's not a big deal if it doesn't work. Sometimes those things are a distraction.

qwikad.com, Apr 12, 2018 IP
  5. phpmillion

phpmillion Member

Best Answers:
    Most likely you simply need to update your libraries, and that should fix the problem.

For example, your website uses Jquery which is 7 years old, so it's natural it might not work with modern browsers.
    Jquery UI is even older, about 10 years old.
    You also have Fancybox on your website, which is not maintained anymore for last 8 years.

With that in mind, try to update Jquery and Jquery UI first. If that doesn't help, you will need to migrate from Fanxybox to a more up-to-date solution to keep your website working on modern browsers.

phpmillion, Apr 13, 2018 IP
  6. redwagon

redwagon Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much to all. This is exactly what I wanted to know. Much appreciated.

redwagon, Apr 13, 2018 IP