1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Marketing Strategy Advice

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dreadlord88, Mar 14, 2018.

I want to sell a product but i don't have any budget to invest and i don't have a blog either or any social media presence, my blogging skills are not great so i'm not considering to open a blog right now, as you can see my situation is not great.

The first time i tried to sell a product, i tried to promote through forums but this didn't go well because most forums don't allow you to make advertise threads, so my threads got deleted and my sales dropped. Facebook didn't go well either because most pages don't allow you to promote.

The only viable methods i know so far are signature posting on forums(place the link on signature, they allow that) and youtube/quora call to action posting. Can anyone suggest another way to improve sales on my current situation? is it even worth to bother with ecommerce at this point? i don't aim to make a lot fast, i just want to make enough to steadily improve. I want to make better use of twitter as well but im clueless about how.

Lastly, on my current situation is it better to go for dropship or affiliate store?

dreadlord88, Mar 14, 2018 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Without the ability to invest in yourself and your business you'll have trouble getting anything going. I suggest you do a search for "10 legitimate businesses you can start for under $20" and go from there. You can learn along the way.

As far as not having great blogging skills - so what? Start a blog anyway. Study something useful about the product you want to sell and then write a blog article/post about what you just learned during that study session. You want to write about how you can help your reader solve a problem (a solution that your product provides). Over time your blogging skills will improve.

You can start a blog free on wordpress .com or blogger. I do recommend that as soon as you start making an income with the free blog you start hosting your own blog though. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me to let someone else control my online properties.

JoeSpirit, Mar 14, 2018 IP
  3. FiveStarFiverr

FiveStarFiverr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Gonna be hard to really start a blog without the money to self host it. You can use a free blog site, but those aren't the best. Find $15 and you can get your blog started properly.

Yes, you tried and failed because you missed one of the most important lessons new marketers miss all the time. STOP ADVERTISING AND START HELPING PEOPLE.

You went to places where people go for help, not for ads. If you help people, your signature links will get clicked on and you will make money, if the rest is set up right. However, if you just post advertisements....well you know what happens.

Okay, you're all over the map here. You mentioned about a half-dozen ways to make money in this little post. I suggest choosing one and going all in on it. Plenty of people before you have made money with blogging, drophshipping, affiliate marketing, forum marketing, ecommerce and any other method you mentioned that I missed.

Choose one and become an EXPERT at that one. Split-focus never leads you to your goals.

FiveStarFiverr, Mar 15, 2018 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    op, I tried drop shipping for a bit.
    I could not sleep selling junk from China,
    knowing it was not worth the paper it arrived in...

and I hate to tell you; pay processors do not support
    drop shipping unless those products are shipped directly from the seller;
    otherwise, if you are caught, then they could get rid of you,
    and if PayPal catches you, then they could close your account.

dscurlock, Mar 15, 2018 IP
  5. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    FiveStarFiverr - I followed your signature links as I was curious what you were offering and the types of Fiverr services you provided.

I was amazed after following the first link to find nothing about "Blog Your Way To Riches" and then a look at your second link informed me that (apparently) somebody with the profile name of behing19 is offering Fiverr gigs as both a male and a female.

Did I miss something?

JoeSpirit, Mar 16, 2018 IP
  6. FiveStarFiverr

FiveStarFiverr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can agree with you on the junk from China comment. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night either.

Sorry, mistakes were made and now they have been fixed.

The first link wasn't going to the right place....it's fixed.

The second link is to my Fiverr account. I was testing a theory that if I had a woman's picture I would get more orders.....didn't work.....changed it back to my pictuer.

Sorry for the confusion.

FiveStarFiverr, Mar 17, 2018 IP
  7. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Looks like they're working okay now.

JoeSpirit, Mar 18, 2018 IP
  8. andriusk

andriusk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Think about some sort of affiliate partnership agreements with people who can provide orders for you.

andriusk, Mar 18, 2018 IP
  9. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    In regards to blogging, the way I approach it is writing my blog as if I was talking to a good friend but I don't mention sensitive personal information. As JoeSpirit said, just start blogging anyway. If you read a lot of the bigger bloggers, most often their style is very casual and friendly. But most of all, have fun with it. It's your blog, write about what ever you're interested in!

Dana C. Beck, Mar 19, 2018 IP
  10. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest, he does not need whole lot of content, I have seen some sites made money with 10-20 articles, however, this was done by a professional that has enough skills to know exactly what his readers or visitors are looking for, and I suspect people still have that same mind set today then they had 5-10 years ago that they have to push 100 articles a day or they are doomed to failure, and that is simply not the case, and never was, and here is a great example of what google does not want. Do not create 10 articles on the same car when it can be done in just one article. One solid article would produce greater results compared to 10 articles going over the same car with no new information. It is fine to publish 5-10 articles per month, he/she should just make sure each article is for the record books, and he should be getting more quality backs, then posting more articles.

But it just does not stop there! He/she must know how to do on-page-seo in order to spread that link juice from one page to the next, so what if you have 1000 blog posts with no backlinks, without backlinks, then your blog content is just short of being worthless, why? no traffic, no visitors = no money, and what value does unique content have with no readers? nada, zip, ZERO! So I would tell the op to start out with 10-20 articles, then get to work on quality backlinks, because if you can not do SEO yourself, then this part of your business is going to cost you some bucks, and SEO is a long-term process and could take many months for those backlinks to start going into effect.

dscurlock, Mar 19, 2018 IP
    Dana C. Beck likes this.
  11. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Pretty much agree with this. Although I never heard anyone touting 100 articles a day. I do remember some of the so-called teachers of blogging claiming you need at least one article every day in order to build a successful blog. I always made an effort to write one article a week for my sites though. With an occasional extra one if some relevant event popped up to justify it.

I think though since the OP claims "my blogging skills are not great" a good start would be to write articles on a consistent basis and build writing skill. 10 - 20 articles for a blog is fine as you say for a professional. But I believe there are two highly successful ways to improve writing skills. One is to read - a lot. The other is to write - a lot.

JoeSpirit, Mar 20, 2018 IP
  12. Tom Lindstrom

Tom Lindstrom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Content is king! You will need a vehicle so people can find you. That vehicle is high quality and unique content, there is no way around that. Starting a blog is free, so is writing articles. If you really want to make money online you must either invest time or money.

Tom Lindstrom, Apr 6, 2018 IP
  13. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I'll have to disagree with this.

To say that content is king is inaccurate in my opinion. High quality, high value, unique, and useful content perhaps. But lousy content won't accomplish anything other than to drive visitors away.

Also, starting a blog and writing anything requires you to spend time. Time has value. Spending it is an expense.

JoeSpirit, Apr 6, 2018 IP
  14. davidjackson

davidjackson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would like to suggest you to use direct mailing to your client and visitors. It will help you to get more response about your product and you will grow in your business in few days.

davidjackson, Apr 17, 2018 IP
  15. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Direct mail still works - if you have the physical address of your visitors. Thing is, most optin forms do not request the physical address of visitors these days. The more information you request from your visitor, the fewer optins you'll likely receive.

And depending on your niche you may or may not be in a position to acquire the physical addresses from the customers you acquire.

JoeSpirit, Apr 17, 2018 IP
  16. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Joe Spirit makes a great point. In today's niche market, most opt in forms ask for email address and usually (but not always) your name as well. Everything online is becoming more digital in nature and as such, physical addresses are rarely used unless you're buying a physical product (e.g. hard cover / soft cover book, clothing etc. etc.)

Dana C. Beck, Apr 17, 2018 IP
  17. Chiedo

Chiedo Member

Best Answers:
    @dreadlord88, start with these questions "what is your product?", "who does it serve?", and "what problem is it solving?"

If you're comfortable sharing your answers here, we'll help you brainstorm. Otherwise, it's going to be pretty challenging to give you helpful advice given your circumstances.

Chiedo, Apr 18, 2018 IP
  18. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I would also add, "Where are the people your product serves hanging out?" If you join them you can learn what their aches, wants, and needs are. With that information, you can tweak your product - and your marketing messages.

JoeSpirit, Apr 18, 2018 IP
    Dana C. Beck and Chiedo like this.
  19. Jacob Hawkins

Jacob Hawkins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Marketing , Social Media and Blogging is the Good Platform. Create your own pages on Facebook, Twitter or in Google+ and make more and more followers.

Jacob Hawkins, May 3, 2018 IP
  20. eMonetize

eMonetize Member

Best Answers:
    Get a job and save up money that you can invest in your business.

eMonetize, May 4, 2018 IP