1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best forum that prevents spam registrations?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Jeffreyw, Mar 28, 2018.

What's the best forum software (free or paid) that is good in weeding out spammers?

I used to manage a medium-sized forum, but I had to ditched it. The spam registrations was too much for a single person to deal with.

I may do a forum again in the future if I'll find the best forum script.

Jeffreyw, Mar 28, 2018 IP
  2. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hire another moderator..

robyries, Mar 28, 2018 IP
  3. Daniel-MD

Daniel-MD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We are using Invision Power Community. They have a cloud-based antispam service which works on all their network of sites. Also there is Google Recaptcha and its pretty good on fighting spam. Also you should impose some rules on when users can post links, how many links per post, banned words etc.

Daniel-MD, Sep 30, 2018 IP
  4. Modesta

Modesta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can try UserPro community plugin, it allows you to see spammers by the email and it also has reCAPTCHA. You can integrate it with other plugins which are specific for fighting the spammers.

Modesta, Oct 3, 2018 IP
  5. landyvlad

landyvlad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ALL forums are subject to spam registrations and each had different means of dealing with it, either in the core or as plugins/mods/add-ons.

Choose your forum software based on other things you are looking for, and then investigate means of dealing with SPAM.

I use SMF 2.0.15 (Simple Machines Forum) and between the registartion questions, and the anti-spam mods (you might think of these as plugins or add-ons) httpBL and StopSpammer.

Some weeks I may get hundreds and hundreds automatically turfed, and as many as 25 in th e'approval queue'. These latter are ones which are probably spammers, but require manual intervention to assess.
    It's easy to ascertain if these are spammers and I can deal with that in a minute or so in all. Super easy.
    As a result I haven;t had one single successful spammer on the forum in the last 12 months.

landyvlad, Oct 18, 2018 IP
  6. mike30

mike30 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use xenforo + reCAPTCHA. I think it does a pretty decent job.

mike30, Oct 18, 2018 IP
  7. XiNiX

XiNiX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you XenForo with this Plugin :
    https://xenforo.com/community/resources/anti-spam-by-cleantalk.3975/

And This :
    https://xenforo.com/community/resources/block-spam-completely-with-no-addons.4065/

XiNiX, Oct 19, 2018 IP