1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rate my Mens fashion store

Discussion in 'Websites' started by rimydalv81, Mar 21, 2018.

I created this site https://www.mandujour.com 1 year back and also sell the products on amazon where sells are great but was unable to get sells on the website please give some advice on what can be wrong. I am getting descent traffic from social media but non of wich converting to sells. Please help

rimydalv81, Mar 21, 2018 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Serif fonts on screen are hard to read, white text over images may as well not even be there it's so illegible. You've got this strange "vvvvv" thing in the top-left corner though, and the attempt at being responsive is broken. The use of PX metric fonts is a middle finger to accessibility, so I'd correct that ASAP.

It's a bloated slow loading mess though, but that's to be expected with the train wreck of developer ineptitude that is turdpress. There's a reason I say anyone telling you to use TP for business is nothing but a sleazy scam artist. The endless pointless classes for nothing, static scripting in the markup, static style in the markup, and endless pointless idiotic "classes for nothing" being the hallmark of "For people who know nothing about websites, BY people who know nothing about websites".

The sheer volume of classes on the <body> tag alone being enough to send any sane developer into wretching convulsions. Hence it blowing 78k of HTML on delivering 422 BYTES of plaintext and a half dozen content images -- not even 5k of HTML's job. That's over fifteen times the amount of markup that should be present.

You're asking about SEO... well where's your content? For on-page SEO the first-class citizen of the web is TEXT... you have none. You do not have enough text on the home page OR the product pages to even be ranked for search. You are likely getting ignored by search for that lack of content. It might look clean and be all artsy, but there's no meat to it!

Likewise from a marketing and usability standpoint you've got the products buried behind a dropdown menu. GET some of your products on the home page top and center instead of that goofy space-wasting banner image NOBODY gives a flying purple fish about! This isn't a print advert, it's a huffing webstore. PRODUCTS, front-and-center, NOW! You've got no real call to action, and even at 1080p the closest thing you have to it, that "shop" image is pushed below the fold.

To that end, people would be more likely to bounce from a lack of easy to access content than they are to start rooting around to figure out what it is you're even selling.

deathshadow, Mar 22, 2018 IP
  3. rimydalv81

rimydalv81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the feedback

rimydalv81, Mar 25, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    upload_2018-3-26_15-52-11.png
    that font, and the full width text makes the blog really hard to read. It looks better on mobile but I'd still make that font darker - and recommend against mixing pixel measurements and ems.

upload_2018-3-26_15-55-17.png

I was fully prepared for this to be massive exaggeration, but no, in inspect it takes up the full height of my screen. and so many of them are called "tweak-...". I'd find a new theme and start over properly.

sarahk, Mar 25, 2018 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's a hair over 7k, meaning there's 17 times as many characters being used to put classes onto <body> as there is actual content plaintext in the document!

THAT is a monument to developer ineptitude; nothing more, nothing less... If anything I understated the matter.

deathshadow, Mar 26, 2018 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. DB Couture

DB Couture Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site might need some original pieces, products that differentiate your brand and keep customers browsing the site for one of a kinds they can't find anywhere else.

DB Couture, May 14, 2018 IP