1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Two FB Pages, Want To Delete One ..

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by JoeFromSD, Feb 11, 2018.

When I'm on my main FB page, the one I want to keep, I can see my other account's logo in the header bar above, and sometime when I comment on another FG page it's from that other account I want to delete and not my Main page.

When I go in to Settings>General, I see "Modify Your Legacy or disable or deactivate your account." In there I click I have another FB account, but under that it says
    "You are the sole admin of the following Page. This Page will no longer be published if you deactivate your account."
    but under that is the icon and name for the page I want to keep!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    JoeFromSD, Feb 11, 2018 IP
  2. JoeFromSD

JoeFromSD Member

Best Answers:
    Darn I hoped this would be an easy one with so many views

JoeFromSD, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's kind of unclear what you're trying to do as you seem to be talking about pages and accounts as if they were the same thing.

If you are trying to deactivate an account that is the sole admin of a page then create a new admin for that page.

sarahk, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  4. JoeFromSD

JoeFromSD Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry about mixing up Pages and Accounts, I'm just a beginner at this and trying hard to learn FB for my business not my personal.

Can I post my two FB pages here, that will make it clear?
    this is my old personal page I never used with it's own icon https://www.facebook.com/joe.wood.1029
    this my new business page with different icon, that I'm really working on and promoting https://www.facebook.com/Woods-Shop-312527412043/

when I'm on the old page I'm trying to deactivate, and I go thru the Deactivate Account, at the end where it says 'You are the sole admin of the following Page' I can select the' Deactivate' button, right above the button I see the icon for my biz Page, not the icon from my Personal page, and it's name, Wood's Shop, and Edit Account under the name.

and I don't want to delete that Biz page!

Attached Files:

5. JoeFromSD

JoeFromSD Member

Best Answers:
    A better s shot with the dreaded Deactivate button :)

Attached Files:

6. JoeFromSD

JoeFromSD Member

Best Answers:
    what I don't like is when I'm on my Biz page, I see that Joe icon top right of my Wood's Shop page, and the fact that when I reply to someone's whatever, it's from Joe and not Wood's Shop

7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    ok, I suspect that you're trying to kill your account, and you don't want to do that

When you view the page you don't want and go through to settings you should see something like this

upload_2018-2-13_17-50-17.png
    and from there you can change the Page visibility to unpublished

Now, your second issue is about your responses

When creating a new post you're automatically doing it as the page but you can change your "persona" like this

upload_2018-2-13_17-51-42.png

On the top right of the post there's an icon and a wee arrow, click that to select who you want to be.

When replying to a post you have the same option. I've left two comments on one of your posts, one by me, and one by a page I manage.

upload_2018-2-13_17-53-40.png

People use this ability to change who is responding to promote their pages on other people's timelines and pages.

Have a play around and see if this makes sense.

sarahk, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  8. JoeFromSD

JoeFromSD Member

Best Answers:
    Oh right on for that Info Sarah, but first, are you getting to your first s shot by going to the top right of page, clicking that Down arrow (next to the ? in a circle) and choosing Settings? When I do and go to Settings, I see this

Attached Files:

JoeFromSD, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Nope, going to the page and clicking "settings" there.

upload_2018-2-14_10-11-15.png

sarahk, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  10. JoeFromSD

JoeFromSD Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah no wonder, I don't have that on my old personal page, but I do see it on my newer Biz page?

1nosett.png

JoeFromSD, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If all you have are the two links above you're all set.

You will always need your personal account - that's the one in the post above - people have "friends".
    And then your page (that I commented on) is your business.

It does get confusing but basically on your account and your friends really are your friends - you know them, you'd stop in the street to chat if you saw them
    Then on your business page, you have likes and followers and they're the people who are interested in your business.

When you post on your page you will probably be doing it "as" the page
    and when you post on other people's pages or timelines you'll decide if the comment is personal or professional and use the little dropdown list to switch.

One final recommendation - have more than one admin for your page. If anything happens to compromise your account and you lost it you'd lose your page as well. The other admin doesn't need to do anything but be there as a backup person.

sarahk, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  12. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't understand the problem yet but as I understand that is you want to comment on other pages with your accounts not with your page so you can switch your accounts to your page, your page to your account while commenting, see in the image. I may be wrong because I didn't get your question, I read other replies too but it didn't clear to me so try this if you are talking about this, see in the image

Attached Files:

• cats.jpg
      cats.jpg
      File size:
      76.7 KB
      Views:
    Sumit_Singh, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  13. JoeFromSD

JoeFromSD Member

Best Answers:
    OK really appreciate it folks! I'll just keep the personal page but I never use it I think it's creepy having all these ''friends' I've never met :)

say, can anyone advise why I don't see the blue 'Boost' a post button, bottom right, when I open an image I want to Boost? I already Boosted one photo a few days ago, but now I don't see the Boost on any of my photos when I click to them. Also, trying to Boost that photo another way, when I go thru Promote>Boost a Post, and scroll thru the 3 sets of images to select that photo, I don't see it ? I get to the end of photos I can choose, and there aren't any more 'See More' to scroll thru.

I already have a thread asking about it https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/the-blue-boost-post-button-dont-see-it.2832664/

JoeFromSD, Feb 14, 2018 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Post a couple of times on your personal account inviting people to like your page and then unfriend anyone who isn't a real friend. That way, if you ever do post on your personal timeline you'll know it's real friends who see it.

sarahk, Feb 14, 2018 IP
  15. JoeFromSD

JoeFromSD Member

Best Answers:
    yeah I wish it would just die I don't use it, I am my business :)

how about that blue button Sarah? I'd like to Boost that photo! Is that a good strategy for me?
    https://www.facebook.com/312527412043/photos/a.10156366889647044.1073741834.312527412043/10156366889812044/?type=3&theater

16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You do use it though - it gives you your ability to log in to facebook, and an account to be the admin.

Think of accounts as people. You need to be a person.

Unfriend the people who aren't friends, and just forget that it has it's own timeline.

As for the boost, it will depend on factors I don't know about your industry and your clients. Personally, I'm impressed that people have backyards big enough to put one of them.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    sarahk, Feb 14, 2018 IP
  17. JoeFromSD

JoeFromSD Member

Best Answers:
    No I mean why I don't see any way to boost any of my photos now Sarah? I boosted one a week ago and ever since, no Boost button.

18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    aah, I'm not up on that part of it but someone else will know.

sarahk, Feb 14, 2018 IP
  19. JoeFromSD

JoeFromSD Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Sarah you're nice for helping me understand this FB a lot better! Say, is there anywhere I can contact FB directly about this? You can PM me if you want :)

20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    upload_2018-2-15_17-21-42.png

You won't get much luck contacting them unless you're a high roller, I suspect

sarahk, Feb 14, 2018 IP