1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cost of hiring a web designer

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Erica Jensen, Feb 12, 2018.

Hi there! I’m currently building a website for my online shop. Since I don’t have the necessary skills in web designing and developing, I’m planning to hire one of the North London web designers my friend told me about. I just want to know how much this usually costs so I can arrange my finances accordingly. How will I know if I’m paying too much? Thanks for your help!

Erica Jensen, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  2. phpmillion

phpmillion Member

Best Answers:
    It's actually impossible to predict the amount because you provided very little information. Let's say I want to buy a real estate and ask this question: How much should it costs and how do I know it's too much? No one will answer it. Hope you get my point.

phpmillion, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  3. Austiner316

Austiner316 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    just get a budget from 3 different people and choose the one that most close to your budget, but remember if its cheap, it's probably crap.

Im doing REAL STATE websites for 320 USD, includes 1 year hosting, 10 email accounts and all CPANEL tools.

Austiner316, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  4. Blizzardofozz

Blizzardofozz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is cheap...

Blizzardofozz, Feb 14, 2018 IP
    kk5st likes this.
  5. mikebvm

mikebvm Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen web design range anywhere between $50-$15,000. I'm sure people spend even more than that, especially major corporations.

I think the perfect balance is to start with a template (check themeforest) and have a developer modify it to your liking. In general, most of the stuff you see on themeforest is posted by the original designer. Reach out pre-purchase and see if you can work a deal for them to customize it to your liking. Because most of the work is done, it is cheaper than someone designing something from the ground up. But with customization, you're likely happier than just a template.

mikebvm, Feb 15, 2018 IP
  6. hardip2057

hardip2057 Banned

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm agreed with @mikebvm. You don't need to hire designer for your ecommerce website. You just need to purchase template and little customization. that's it.

Designer takes more money to design template so its better you pay money to developer for customization.

hardip2057, Feb 16, 2018 IP
  7. Blizzardofozz

Blizzardofozz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But if you use a ready template you'll have the same website as hundreds of businesses have, which is not the best solution for your business.
    Your business has to be different, unique.

Your goal should be not just to have a website. You should have a unique solution, a marketing tool for your products or services.

Blizzardofozz, Feb 16, 2018 IP
  8. madahason2

madahason2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If branding is important for you, don't go for template or template modification/customization. But since cost is also important for you, try to get in touch with a couple of designer and compare their pricing. And then try to see if you can negotiate for some discount. Most people will give you some form of incentive to hire them.

madahason2, Feb 18, 2018 IP
  9. RomanEpo

RomanEpo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry,i'm just telling you eCommerce projects dealing process.It is impossible to give the account along,because this is continuous development process.Estimated cost is possible to say but for this estimation required prepare some documents.1.SOC-Scope of Work documents,2.Prototyping ,3.Technology requirements after prepared technical requirements it will be possible to provide estimation.

RomanEpo, Feb 18, 2018 IP