1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for an App Developer

Discussion in 'C#' started by markscottie, Feb 7, 2018.

I have an app which my business partner has the code to, it was built by his company but branded for use by another company. He wants to create a similar app again and doesn't want to code it from scratch again so wondering if its possible to use code from an app to create a similar one but with various differences in look and feel, colours and branding etc.

This is needed for Apple and Android. Anyone in here an app developer?!
    Thanks

markscottie, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You'll be able to find developers easily enough.
    But your source code is stolen intellectual property and no decent developer will touch it - and you shouldn't trust those who will.

sarahk, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  3. robert4u

robert4u Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Intellectual property violation is not developer issue, it is the issue who will distribute the app under his own brand.

Regarding the op, yes you will find the coder easily and your coder can take idea from whole code or create his own it depends on the code.

robert4u, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  4. markscottie

markscottie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I waited ten minutes to respond to that. I am utterly AMAZED that you are "Staff" and you just basically slandered/defamed someone! "Stolen" is a term which denotes criminal intent. You don't have a clue about the software, situation, or persons involved. To state something as fact like that is incredible, and wrong by the way.

For clarity, he OWNS the code. I have seen the contracts myself, drawn up by his (commercial litigator) CEO. He basically wants a similar but not identical app, which does 70% of the same stuff, but a few other bits too. The original code can be used as is, copied, or just used as inspiration/ideas, I don't care which, but NONE of these would be "stealing".

thanks, but how do i find coders? (decent upstanding ones ideally, since I am not taking part in a theft ! ;))

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2018
    markscottie, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Anybody reading that without more information would assume that the code was the intellectual property of either the company who wrote it, or the company who paid for them to write it. I'm glad you do have the right to use it but you wouldn't be the first to turn up wanting code changed that wasn't legit and it's easy to jump to conclusions.

Once you're "established" here you can post your job in our Programming section. Until then, have a look through and see if there are any app developers looking for work. You'll need to give more info on the source code - like what framework it uses.

@robert4u Intellectual Property violations are definitely a developer's concern. If your employer is ripping someone else off they can just as easily rip you off too.

sarahk, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  6. markscottie

markscottie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I wondered if that assumption was due to maybe a lot of scammy types frequenting the forum, I don't visit much these days, it used to keep those fairly well at bay!
    I will do as you suggest thanks. I don't know what framework it uses, all I know at this point is the app is in Android and iOS format, I will find out more and take a look around thanks.
    PS just had a call with the lawyer to make sure he has the paperwork to give to a coder (along with code) so they know they are working for legit company (who paid for the dev of original app). Thanks again

markscottie, Feb 9, 2018 IP
    sarahk likes this.