1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Come and Review my Forum

Discussion in 'Websites' started by scott2342, Feb 6, 2018.

Hi Everyone,

If anyone would be kind enough to come and review my forum? It's just starting up and been testing it over the past few months along with the rest of the website. If you could sign up, maybe post? You'll get a response, would like to know what people think about it. I know it's hard to start a forum but hopefully it's good enough.

It's https://www.moneymakingexpert.com/forums/. All about Business,Marketing, Making Money etc. It can be about online making money or a local business, anything goes.

Thanks! All advice appreciated!

scott2342, Feb 6, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd be a bit more blatant about the fact that it's a UK focussed forum - that will be a plus to a large number of people who are sick of finding American information that isn't relevant.

You have the word "expert" in your url but there's no tie on the site. I'd expect a profile of your regular users who are experts or a claim that by using the forum you'll become an expert.

I posted on one thread that was started in 2016, you haven't got many posts given how long you've been up and running. Get your friends to post about things they see in the business section of the paper and to reply to each other's posts.

sarahk, Feb 6, 2018 IP
  3. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi @sarahk, Thanks very much for the post.

It is aimed towards the UK however I didn't want to exclude people from other countries as well. Do you think I should stick with the UK and make it more of the niche it needs to be?

Thanks for the Expert advice. I'll look at adding it in places.

Yes that post was a while back, It's taken a while to get the site ready and I'm only just starting to launch it. Other than getting friends to post, is there any other way you'd recommend getting users? It would be really great to build a tight little business community on there.

scott2342, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Take a look at interest.co.nz where the owner has become a media spokesperson in his field. He worked damn hard to ensure that the right people were asked the right questions and their interviews/articles were only ever published on his site.

A lot of your questions will be influenced by cultural and legal practices.
    • Take the rental property thread I jumped into. How a tenancy is managed and the rights of the landlord will differ dramatically between the UK, France, Belguim and Holland (all neighbouring countries).
    • How you market a new product in the UK may differ dramatically in France - let's say you were launching a personal hygiene product. You could probably be more open in France than the UK about the features and benefits. If you were launching a pharmaceutical in the US you can make more claims than you can in the UK (or atleast that was the case in the 90s).
    So, yes, I'd probably find a way to tighten the niche or make it more obvious what country the thread starter is posting from so that advice can be tailored.

sarahk, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  5. robert4u

robert4u Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its a good point raised, you cannot find much people when your niche is limited to uk, make it global forum and then add uk information either in general category or create separate category for uk, in this way you will get the people from all over the world.

robert4u, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Dammit, only 65 million people in the UK and hardly anyone is interested in business or making money!

upload_2018-2-8_13-18-14.png

better a small niche done well than a huge niche with no market share.

sarahk, Feb 7, 2018 IP
    scott2342 likes this.
  7. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think @sarahk is right. I'm best focusing on the UK and making a really good site for them. rather than another generic site that's already out there :) Yes it'll be a little harder to as you limit your reach but hopefully the site will be more appealing!

scott2342, Feb 8, 2018 IP